Rear seat has got to go!

This is a discussion on Rear seat has got to go! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to get rid of my rear seat on my '06 WRX. Anyone done this and what do you ...

Rear seat has got to go!

I want to get rid of my rear seat on my '06 WRX. Anyone done this and what do you do with the rear space? Im wondering if theirs going to be a huge hole from my truck to my cab.

Any advice would be awesome.
    Essayons!
    21B

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2580544 <-- My car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulbs View Post
    I want to get rid of my rear seat on my '06 WRX. Anyone done this and what do you do with the rear space? Im wondering if theirs going to be a huge hole from my truck to my cab.

Any advice would be awesome.
    Yes there will be a big open space and a lot of bare metal, and possibly more road noise. Why do you need to remove your rear seats? Unless your building a track/rally car the weight savings probably isn't going to be worth it on a street car.
    Last edited by cavallino333; 08-18-2007 at 02:55 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

They are added weight that i want to get rid of. No one rides in my backseat anyway so its just slowing me down. Just looking for advice as so what to do with the empty space so it doesnt look like ****.
    Essayons!
    21B

They are added weight that i want to get rid of. No one rides in my backseat anyway so its just slowing me down. Just looking for advice as so what to do with the empty space so it doesnt look like ****.
    The rear seats arent slowing you down . They dont even weigh a pound.
    CGM

I Support ClubWRX
    Buy a scale and weigh the back seat. You'll see it's pointless to remove it.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Buy a scale and weigh the back seat. You'll see it's pointless to remove it.
    +eleventy billion

The rear seat is just two big pieces of extremely lightweight foam. Removing it would be of no advantage.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Looking at your mod list there is a TON of things you can do to improve performance much more than removing the back seats.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

You all have a good point. I've heard that they weight a bit but i'm probably wrong.

Good looking out all and thanks.
    Essayons!
    21B

i can pick up the bottom part of the seat with my pinky..the only seat weight reduction that is useful imo is the passenger seat...put your passengers in the back and take out the front and you wont have bare metal but rather lots of carpet!
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX