Subs

This is a discussion on Subs within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to get a sub for my car, and I don't worry too much about the weight. I was ...

Subs

I want to get a sub for my car, and I don't worry too much about the weight. I was thinking a JL 12e6v2 with their 500.1 amp. Or a 12 in Diamond Audio D6 with diamonds 800 watt amp. What do you guys have in your car?
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's not really the sub that's the substantial amount of weight, it's the box, and the bigger the sub you get, the bigger the box you'll need. I have a Kenwood 12" and an Alpine amp and I don't notice any difference because of the weight in the trunk. The biggest thing is to make sure that the amp you're purchasing will put out enough power for your intended sub.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    JL all the way. It may cost more but it makes a huge difference.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Gotta role the fosgates i got a 10in punch P310D2

JL makes good subs no doubt. I love the old school Rockford's but not a huge fan of the new stuff. I actually sell it in my shop but try to use Diamond Audio for the nicer systems. Their subs, amps, and seperates have not let me down yet. We just did a pretty simple system for a 69 Chevy that went to the Portland Roadster Show at the begining of the month that consisted of a Diamond D3 12, D6 600.4, and D3 6 inch seperates. We were really surprised how well it sounded for being Diamonds entry level line of subs and seperates. We've already used the D6 stuff in most of our other installs and knew that it was great sounding equipment. So yeah you guessed it, my choice would be Diamond. Here's a link to the update on my fiberglass enclosures.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net