Dome Light?

This is a discussion on Dome Light? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I noticed my dome light doesnt go on anymore when I unlock the doors or open them at night? ...

Dome Light?

Hey I noticed my dome light doesnt go on anymore when I unlock the doors or open them at night? Is there a switch for this I might not know about? The the map lights do work though but only when I turn them on.

Nick
    2007 Urban Grey STi Limited #237

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The dome light switch has three positions: Always on, on when doors are unlocked/opened, and never on. You want the switch in the middle. Hope you don't already know this and think I'm an idiot. -Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    The dome light switch has three positions: Always on, on when doors are unlocked/opened, and never on. You want the switch in the middle. Hope you don't already know this and think I'm an idiot. -Dan
    Hey man I just got the car, and I asked because it doesnt go on anymore. Where is the switch. I havent really looked, but I am guessin if there is one its gonna be off the colum some where, thanks for the help.

Nick

The switch is on the dome light housing. it is a 3 way switch like Yossarian said.

Good luck!!

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    The switch is on the dome light housing. it is a 3 way switch like Yossarian said.

Good luck!!

~myke

Ok now I feel retarded, haha. I guess I never really looked up top. I thought the map lights were what lit up the car at night....

Nick

How did you know the dome light was out if you didn't look at it?
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Well if no light turns on at night when I unlock the doors or open them thats tells me there is a light out. It was workin before. I just never realized the map lights were seperate from the dome light.

Nick

well does the middle light ever turn on, like when u open ur door or when its swtiched to on

if it does, then is sounds like u turned ur car into valet mode, check ur owners book to see how to get it out of it
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?