Time to vent on my WRX 05 interior....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Time to vent on my WRX 05 interior.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok Ok....I love my WRX no doubt but I need to let this out. The inside of my car sounds ...

Time to vent on my WRX 05 interior....

Ok Ok....I love my WRX no doubt but I need to let this out.
    The inside of my car sounds like its falling apart. I have a loose piece sound on my back windshield (loud as SH!T) I have another one right by the VIN number in which if i push the plastic piece down it stops (sometimes it is the upper vent by my steering wheel as well!) and I also have another one on the passenger side door area which I can't figure out where its coming from since I'm driving.

Every time i drive if i dont have the radio up pretty loud I can hear the sounds. It pisses me off and I don't know what I should do. If i take it to the dealer would they do anything (still under warranty) or is there anything else I should do? This is my 4th car since 16 and I must say its the first car to do this.

Thanks guys!
    Stage II and loving it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have miscellaneous noises and rattles also. I guess I've learned to live with them. Normally that sort of stuff drives me absolutely nuts, but I hear it every day, so maybe I'm desensitized a bit.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I have a few annoying interior rattles too. The seat belt anchors rattling in the rear used to piss me off pretty badly, but I learned to live with it after the trip to the dealer was a total waste of time (the 'ol we fixed it, but we didn't routine), except that I had a squeaky clutch remedied at the same time. That and the fact that every mod I've done increases the noise in the cabin just made me give up a bit. I like the mechanical noises covering up the rattles!

Not sure what you can do for that though. Trips to the dealer for stuff like that are usually a PITA and they can't find what you are talking about or it's too difficult and time consuming for them to care so they'll "fix it" for you long enough for you to drive out of the parking lot happy...
    I love my car, don't you?

Mods

What did the dealership do to fix the squeaky clutch? I put lithium grease on mine and that did absolutely nothing. According to the diagram, there is a bushing inside the spring. It's either that or the spring itself making the noise. I debated bringing mine in before my 36K miles were up. I wonder if they'd still cover it now that I'm over 38K...
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

I'd actually like to hear about people's experiences with this. I've noticed that my clutch is a little squeaky (especially when the car's been sitting overnight), and there are a couple rattles which may or may not be my stuff in the car. If it's actually the car's interior, I'd like to know what to expect going into the dealer.

Apologies for the possible hijack.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

In the WRX's defense... My dads 04 Mercedes S420 has a little sqeak action sometimes.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

have you ever spent some time in an evo?!? from my experience they are just as bad as ours, if not worse. i went for a ride in my friends about a month ago.. the stock suspension rattled! also, the glove box kept clanking up and down. really, really hard to get used too. maybe its just his car tho.

*knock on wood*, i've never had a rattle problem with my car.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ASPEN524
    *knock on wood*, i've never had a rattle problem with my car.

-mike
    Give it 20 minutes.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by kiger0183
    Ok Ok....I love my WRX no doubt but I need to let this out.
    The inside of my car sounds like its falling apart. I have a loose piece sound on my back windshield (loud as SH!T) I have another one right by the VIN number in which if i push the plastic piece down it stops (sometimes it is the upper vent by my steering wheel as well!) and I also have another one on the passenger side door area which I can't figure out where its coming from since I'm driving.

Every time i drive if i dont have the radio up pretty loud I can hear the sounds. It pisses me off and I don't know what I should do. If i take it to the dealer would they do anything (still under warranty) or is there anything else I should do? This is my 4th car since 16 and I must say its the first car to do this.

Thanks guys!
    I have the back window rattle and the passenger door one too....
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

wow, I can't believe you're having problems with your interior. I've read so many posts lately about how subarus have better interior and more 'class' than other vehicles, I would surely expect a luxury vehicle like an impreza to have a perfect interior.

ok I put down the crack pipe.

Some of them you can pin down, the dash has been a probelmatic area in the past, I had problems with the ecu kickplate rattling when I had mine. IT didn't really bother me that much though.

i have some pretty mean rattles to and i only have 2500 miles on it, from the radar detector to the door panels, my solution is to max out the radio to 40 (pretty bad distorsion tho)
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    wow, I can't believe you're having problems with your interior. I've read so many posts lately about how subarus have better interior and more 'class' than other vehicles, I would surely expect a luxury vehicle like an impreza to have a perfect interior.

ok I put down the crack pipe.

Some of them you can pin down, the dash has been a probelmatic area in the past, I had problems with the ecu kickplate rattling when I had mine. IT didn't really bother me that much though.
    sorry....off topic, but how do you like your evo Brian? better than the subaru?

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Other than ride I like it better in every way.

SQUEAKY CLUTCH FIX

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell
    What did the dealership do to fix the squeaky clutch? I put lithium grease on mine and that did absolutely nothing. According to the diagram, there is a bushing inside the spring. It's either that or the spring itself making the noise. I debated bringing mine in before my 36K miles were up. I wonder if they'd still cover it now that I'm over 38K...
    I had this same issue. I tried greasing the spring a few times and it seemed to work for a little while, mostly my imagination I think. I finally took some time to look further into it and found that the spring assembly wasn't the issue.

The squeaking in my case was coming from a bushing that I didn't even see the first times. The clutch pedal actually moves a long bar which goes from the left side of the stearing column across to the right where there is a bushing and another metal arm which goes through the firewall. I was able to pull the bar and metal arm apart by removing a cotter pin, then I greased up the bushing. I did this probably close to a year ago so the instructions may be a little off but I haven't had any squeaking since.

I Support ClubWRX
    The rear seatbelts rattle against my rear seat if I dont have them connected. I think it gives it a clean look so I leave the seat belts connected the whole time to prevent this. I've noticed that the drivers door does have a rattle, but I just found that today so hopefuly it will go away. I dont understand where the rattles are coming from as the interior on my 06 seems very tightly fitted. Oh well.....next car will either be a lexus or have a gutted race interior.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast