Time to vent on my WRX 05 interior.... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Time to vent on my WRX 05 interior.... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i was fixing a new squeak every week in my last vw with coilovers, my newer car luckily has no ...

i was fixing a new squeak every week in my last vw with coilovers, my newer car luckily has no squeaks but with a twin plate clutch going in theres going to be screams coming from it .... the sacrifices we make for power...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    The rear seatbelts rattle against my rear seat if I dont have them connected. I think it gives it a clean look so I leave the seat belts connected the whole time to prevent this. I've noticed that the drivers door does have a rattle, but I just found that today so hopefuly it will go away. I dont understand where the rattles are coming from as the interior on my 06 seems very tightly fitted. Oh well.....next car will either be a lexus or have a gutted race interior.
    I noticed a week or two ago that my Glove Compartment hangs a little lower on the left side of the hatch, than it does on the side near the passenger door. You might notice this if you push up on the upper-left corner if you're looking at the glove compartment. I think this might be the cause of a couple rattles of mine, since I keep my AccessPORT in there. I'm curious if other '06 owners see this, too. Apart from that, the interior seems really well-fitted.
    I'm gonna try clipping my rear seatbelts in, on a long drive this evening. See if that might solve a rattle or two. Makes sense that it would.

Here's a quick question to those that have added swaybars: anyone notice an increase or decrease of cabin shakes and rattles after the swaybars went in? The bump in rigidity might make things a little louder if fittment is a problem.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

I always tell people, "Its a 25K car and they put 24K into the suspension and engine". Which is why I purchased the machine

I have rattles, but I just turn up the stereo and they're gone. Free fix!!
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

I too am a victim of squeaky clutch...sigh

2005 WRX Sedan
    2005 Honda CRF 50
    2003 Suzuki GSXR 600
    1994 Suzuki Sidekick (Beater)

Quote Originally Posted by gophatx
    SQUEAKY CLUTCH FIX

I had this same issue. I tried greasing the spring a few times and it seemed to work for a little while, mostly my imagination I think. I finally took some time to look further into it and found that the spring assembly wasn't the issue.

The squeaking in my case was coming from a bushing that I didn't even see the first times. The clutch pedal actually moves a long bar which goes from the left side of the stearing column across to the right where there is a bushing and another metal arm which goes through the firewall. I was able to pull the bar and metal arm apart by removing a cotter pin, then I greased up the bushing. I did this probably close to a year ago so the instructions may be a little off but I haven't had any squeaking since.
    I have to look into this. I have had a squeaky clutch since I left the dealership with 0 miles on my car. I first took notice to the squeak when driving the car home for the first time. It just doesn't seem worth scheduling an appointment for something like this. I took a quick look at it and it seemed to be the spring making the noise. If anyone has any more info on the clutch squeak please post it. As for the rest of the interior in the 06, it seems pretty well built. I have a few sounds that come from the interior panels but I just turn up the radio louder. Even expensive cars have some interior squeaks and creeks to them.

Quote Originally Posted by kiger0183
    Ok Ok....I love my WRX no doubt but I need to let this out.
    The inside of my car sounds like its falling apart. I have a loose piece sound on my back windshield (loud as SH!T) I have another one right by the VIN number in which if i push the plastic piece down it stops (sometimes it is the upper vent by my steering wheel as well!) and I also have another one on the passenger side door area which I can't figure out where its coming from since I'm driving.

Every time i drive if i dont have the radio up pretty loud I can hear the sounds. It pisses me off and I don't know what I should do. If i take it to the dealer would they do anything (still under warranty) or is there anything else I should do? This is my 4th car since 16 and I must say its the first car to do this.

Thanks guys!
    I had this problem with our Kia which was a piece of crap. I had plenty of noises. They took the dash off. They tried everything they could. Solved some of the problems, but they told me that sounds in the cabin can sound like they are coming from one place when they are actually coming from another and hard to find.

If your nice but firm with them they may try to help.

The base of my windshield on my rex squeeks a little so I just bought some gasket material at Home Depot and fixed it. Glove box rattle was fixed with those little padded stickers. I haven't figured out what to do with the rear seat belt mount rattle.

If it's under warranty and you have the time, keep taking it in. Again if your reasonable about it they will do what they can.

Good Luck!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

my car rattles like non other. having a catles tbe doesnt help either. oh well, I wouldnt have bought a wrx if i cared about luxury. Im used to it now..

for the record:and they all usually come and go.
    VIN/ defroster panel rattle
    clock rattle (possibly the most annoying. so annoying that i felt like driving into a telephone pole a few times it got bad.)
    Dual bezel for egt and boost guage, used to rattle like a wh0re, fixed with larger screws.
    Center console (around head unit) rattle (havent heard in a long long time, thank god.
    Driver seatbelt squeak (actually fixed this one with slick 50)
    some creaking from the rear occasionally (prob sway bar?)
    clutch squeak comes and goes. Its fine more often than not.

i was driving around last night and came to a huge dip, so i went over it completely sideways the car was up on 2 wheels, and now i have the back window rattle and now something that sounds like a plastic bag rattleing when reving from 2k-2500, the clutch has been their from the get go, hummmm......................But i love my car
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

The back "window rattle" is definitely annoying, if what I've got is any indication. Mine is
    a totally obnoxious "tap tap tap". I've got a few hours into trying to isolate exactly where
    the noise is coming from. Whether it makes noise or not depends upon the roadway and
    it is particularly noticable on slightly wavy concrete freeway sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieldy72233
    I always tell people, "Its a 25K car and they put 24K into the suspension and engine". Which is why I purchased the machine
    Exactly. We didn't buy luxury cars... deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AKESREX
    The back "window rattle" is definitely annoying, if what I've got is any indication. Mine is
    a totally obnoxious "tap tap tap". I've got a few hours into trying to isolate exactly where
    the noise is coming from. Whether it makes noise or not depends upon the roadway and
    it is particularly noticable on slightly wavy concrete freeway sections.
    mines most def. a tap tap..................tap.tap.tap.................
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    yeah..im a victim of squeaky clutch pedal...and the vin/defroster plate...and a new rattle that just appeared last week!! grrr!!!!!! ill check out the clock and see if thats it.

any body got pics of the vin/defroster plate removal..the ones on the forums pics dont work anymore boo....
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

another 05 wrx here,

I have also had the squeaky clutch since it left the dealership new, as well as the glovebox that has slack on the right side when closed. The glove box creaking is what annoys me the most, opening it and closing it ususally temporarly fixes it. I also have some unknown mysterious creaking from the passenger side (no idea where its comming from). My car definately rattles a lot more in cold weather, so with spring and summer comming up it should quiet down a tad. Otherwise, radio volume gues up.

Thanks eld4au6
    Somehow it helps to know I'm not the lone car with this asinine tapping.
    I thought I was losing it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.