can you install tvs and a dvd player into a stock wrx's sterreo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on can you install tvs and a dvd player into a stock wrx's sterreo within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi im able to get a nice dvd player and 2 6.5 inch lcd monitors but my question is is ...

can you install tvs and a dvd player into a stock wrx's sterreo

hi im able to get a nice dvd player and 2 6.5 inch lcd monitors but my question is is there anyway to hook this set up into the factory stereo system or am i just creating a headache for myself. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanx Pete
    2002 black wrx BuGeYe
    Smokey the bear "Protect our friends damn it"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no i would suggest that you buy a head unit with audio inputs, alpine has some nice ones at decent prices heres one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-CDA-9855-...QQcmdZViewItem my friend has this and he has the video ipod hooked up to it with a 7'' monitor
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

sure you can, it will be far from ideal, but if you are looking for a cheap way to go, just get an fm modulator, then when you want the tv/dvd audio to play through the system just tune to 89.1 or whatever Mhz you are modulating too.
    oops

Tried it, didn't work. Blew my stock deck doing so. Need to get a Head Unit with audio inputs. And the double din will fit a nice 7" monitor nicely and your screen won't be all shrunken. A nice TV/DVD setup should cost about $300-400 and it's a pretty simple install.

you blew a stock deck using a modulator? thats the first ive ever heard that. wierd

and JOHN91709 thats why i said " it will be far from ideal "

A nice TV/DVD setup should cost about $300-400 and it's a pretty simple install.
    -where are you finding this??
    Last edited by longislandwrx; 03-24-2006 at 05:16 AM.
    oops

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.