06 WRX alternate seat ideas?

This is a discussion on 06 WRX alternate seat ideas? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK so this is a smidge embarassing to admit, but here goes - the seats that are in my wrx ...

06 WRX alternate seat ideas?

OK so this is a smidge embarassing to admit, but here goes -

the seats that are in my wrx are totally comfortable except in one area, the base. lets just say it hugs a little tight for a bigger guy like me. im 6'2" 245lbs are there any different seat options ( aftermarket or otherwise ) that have a less agressive seat bottom? ( the bolstered back is absolutely fine, its just the bolsters on the bottom get a little uncomfortable. it always feels like something is jabbing me.

so now that ive come clean.

any ideas?
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump, I want to know the same thing.

im not sure on this but u should check the other subaru cars an rs or outback might be better, also i know that people who do car appulstry can remove some of the padding from the sides,

the only prob is most aftermarket seats have more padding on the sides for better lateral support

hope this helps
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

remove padding? lol im afraid if they take out anymore id be sitting on the metal!

you know in all fairness, that message was like after a day of having the car, and now after almost a week, i dont even feel it, and ive been doing some serious driving. i already put 500 miles on it lol.

i think if the actual bottom bolsters had more padding it would be a bit more comfortable, but i think overall id prefer them not to be there at all. has anyone tried the leather seats from the new '06 GTi? those are incredibly comfortable, i almost got into one of those. but in the end the subaru won with flying colors because of price, insurance cost, and overall excitement :-D

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

Maybe try some RS seats? I've never sat in them so I don't know how they would work for you, but I'm sure some kid with an RS would love to tread them for your WRX seats.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

yes, my girlfriend's 05 RS seats are very comfortable compared to my wrx seats. when we go on long trips i beg her to take her car instead of mine.
    04 JBP WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #17

I have a TR and i think the WrX has different seats. Mine arnt to bad, i wonder how much different they are??

as awkward as they felt right at first ( because i was not used to a racing type seat ) i wouldnt trade it for anything now! haha i love them, i just got used to it i suppose, but the aggressive bolstering doesnt bother me at all now, not even through canyon runs.

Ewwww.... Myspace.

ill trade my TR seats for your wrx seats
    '06 wrx wr-blue