Oil temp readings...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Oil temp readings... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I installed an oil temp gauge in my 05 WRX about a week ago, and noticed that the reading stay ...

Oil temp readings...

I installed an oil temp gauge in my 05 WRX about a week ago, and noticed that the reading stay around 200 F. I was in some stop and go traffic yesterday and the reading climbed to 220F. This got me a little worried, but I figured it would go down once I got moving again. After driving on the freeway for an hour, it never went down... I got where I was goin, parked, and came back 5 hours later to go home, and it stayed around 200F. What's anyone else getting off their oil temp gauges? Should I be worried about it climbing to 220F and not dropping? By the way, I installed the sender in the gallery plug under the intercooler.
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What type of gage and what location did you use for your probe?

Stewart Warner gauge & the probe is under the intercooler in that plug. i used the subaru plug, then an adapter, then the sender so it's not quite in the stream of oil, but it should still be fine i think...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

In stop and go traffic I have seen 220+ on my Omori, but mine is tapped using a sandwich style adaptor between the oil filter. When your temps get that high your radiator fan should come on about the same time so is this happening for you? Normal driving on a warm day for me is 180~190 so I don't think your far off and it is just reading locations in the oil system. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.