06 WRX TR Stock Speaker Size...

This is a discussion on 06 WRX TR Stock Speaker Size... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok Im definitely getting some Rockford Fosgate Punch Speakers, I just need to know the sizes of the speaker for ...

06 WRX TR Stock Speaker Size...

Ok Im definitely getting some Rockford Fosgate Punch Speakers, I just need to know the sizes of the speaker for the front and rear doors...I think the front are like 5 1/4 and the rear are 4 inches...But I need some real proof so I dont blow away my money..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So take the door panels off an measure the speakers. Seems like that's all the proof you would need.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

For an 06 TR, the speaker sizes changed! The fronts are 6 1/2 componants and the rears are 5 1/4.... at least thats the setup in my car, because i got the optional tweeter kit. But im pretty sure that ALL the 06's have those size speakers.

Also, if you need help with removing the door panels, i have a write-up on that too...
    Speaker Install / Door panel removal 2006 wrx
    Last edited by nocturnal_wrx; 03-11-2006 at 10:38 AM.
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Here's another couple of write-ups with pictures that work for '05 doors. I'd imagine the procedure is similar for '06.

http://www.salisburystreet.com/wrx/speakers/
    http://users.sisna.com/ignatius/subaru/mods/index.html
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.