Shift knob help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Shift knob help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I own a 06 WRX TR and I just bought a Subaru authentic momo shift knob to put on. ...

Shift knob help

Hi, I own a 06 WRX TR and I just bought a Subaru authentic momo shift knob to put on. So I go to remove the stock shift knob and its stuck to the shift boot fabric I never had to deal with this kinda crap before lol...I am afraid if I pull to hard the shift boot might rip any ideas how to remove the stock shift knob? Also under the shift boot right below I can feel some type of cardboard or something I guess it holds the boot up not sure

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what subaru has decided to do is basically put a a little nub on the bottom on their knobs and a rubber washer thing on the boot,

very normal no worries, id unscrew the knob till it is completely of the shift linkage then with one hand old the leather just below the hard bit, and with the other roll/pull the knob out of the thing remeber the hole is always tigher the first time so u might have to use some force
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by UofAWRX
    remeber the hole is always tigher the first time so u might have to use some force
    so true, so true...
    rumble young man, rumble...

Quote Originally Posted by Maccgyver
    ...Sounds like we got a vh-1 storyteller here...

see the plastic thing at the bottom of the knob thats on urs and im assuming ur momo one as well its normal, thats whats holding the boot flush with the knob
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

Do nudists have nightmares of showing up to class fully clothed?

Quote Originally Posted by psb02wrx
    so true, so true...
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    remeber the hole is always tigher the first time so u might have to use some force
    Wow... lol!

that was priceless!
    and hes right, it will pop right out, i have the same shift knob on my 06 wagon. easy install dont worry
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

hey guys. I have an 03 wrx and bought a STI knob to put on it. But the opening of the STI is larger than the WRX stock sh%$&y one. The plastic piece in the middle of the stock one will not budge, and Im affraid if I break it, neither one will work. Any thoughts?

I Support ClubWRX
    so true, so true...

so true, so true...
    Ha Ha
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.