Radar Detectors?? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Radar Detectors?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by TOOFAST88 No radar detectors here....it's the force that saves me. +1 I swear I can "sense" cops. ...

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    No radar detectors here....it's the force that saves me.

+1 I swear I can "sense" cops.

Radar detectors are a bad idea I think they give to much of a false sense of security.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333
    +1 I swear I can "sense" cops.

Radar detectors are a bad idea I think they give to much of a false sense of security.
    Agreed
    Too many people think they are "bullet-proof" so to speak just because they have a box hanging from their windshield that beeps a lot, and half the time it's because of a false alarm.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Around here the CHP paces more than they use radar any way.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Just to be clear...

Most of the time when the detector goes off...then I see the cop...
    I'm going near the speed limit anyway.

It won't be any good on laser...
    So on nice sunny days, I don't speed too much. The cops laser doesn't work in the rain or fog though.

I know many drivers don't want to spend the bucks to get one. Mine has paid for itself 10X or more in just over a year. Not to mention what a ticket or two does to your insurance.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

I Support ClubWRX
    Anyone who relies on just a radar detector will, no question, get a ticket if they speed.

A radar detector should be used to support your common sense. It's additional insurance over the blind hill/curve parked cop. It is not the final solution.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Anyone who relies on just a radar detector will, no question, get a ticket if they speed.

A radar detector should be used to support your common sense. It's additional insurance over the blind hill/curve parked cop. It is not the final solution.
    +1!
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

I agree, not only do you have to be extra carefull but be mindfull of everyone else on the road, you are breaking the law when you speed and iam the first to admit i do all the time but if you use your experiance and the V1 you are 98% sure you can get away with it
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    I agree, not only do you have to be extra carefull but be mindfull of everyone else on the road, you are breaking the law when you speed and iam the first to admit i do all the time but if you use your experiance and the V1 you are 98% sure you can get away with it
    OT...where are you at in Lansing? I grew up in a little village about 30 minutes away (Springport).
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

OT...where are you at in Lansing? I grew up in a little village about 30 minutes away (Springport).
    Downtown lansing, im originaly from ny just going to school here
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Radar detector/jammer

radar scramblers are just like radar detectors they are legal in some states and not in others. Check out Rockymountainradar.com and check out their selection of jammers and detectors, there is a lot of information on their site. I have a RMR-c430 detector/jammer that has saved me many times. The jammer and detector can be run independantly so if you are in a state that allows detectors but not jammers, the jammer can be turned off. There is no detector or jammer that is fullproof! Be smart.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXDriver82
    Don't forget about the laser function... more and more staties are using laser guns instead of radar guns... Don't just get a radar detector, make sure it has laser capabilities as well.
    I don't quite buy in to the laser feature on detectors... unless it is at no additional cost. Lasers work via line-of-sight so if your detector is picking up the laser, you are likely already busted. The Ka, K freqencies are not line of sight so those give you time to react.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitreous
    I don't quite buy in to the laser feature on detectors... unless it is at no additional cost. Lasers work via line-of-sight so if your detector is picking up the laser, you are likely already busted. The Ka, K freqencies are not line of sight so those give you time to react.
    I remember going 85 in a 65 on the freeway. My passpostx8500 showed laser and I steped on the brakes immediately to 65. The police officer didn't do anything.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by Vitreous
    I remember going 85 in a 65 on the freeway. My passpostx8500 showed laser and I steped on the brakes immediately to 65. The police officer didn't do anything. The laser probably bounced off other cars and gave me an early warning so thats probably why I didn't get caught?
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    I remember going 85 in a 65 on the freeway. My passpostx8500 showed laser and I steped on the brakes immediately to 65. The police officer didn't do anything. The laser probably bounced off other cars and gave me an early warning so thats probably why I didn't get caught?
    I have the Passport 8500 as well... who knows what happened.

Either
    1) You're right or
    2) 85 wasn't in his target range (yeah right), or
    3) He didn't correlate your vehicle with the speed reading, or
    4) He was sleeping and had no clue or
    5) He was eating and had no clue

BTW, my 8500 is beginning to give me false positives... the Laser warning consistently turns on whenever I floor the accelerator. Its annoying!

V1 the one and only
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.