Radar Detectors?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Radar Detectors?? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by scotts05 Passpost X8500 is the best you can get. It's about 0 and I heard it's a ...

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    Passpost X8500 is the best you can get. It's about $300 and I heard it's a little better than V1 or equal but cheaper. I have this for about 7 months and it saved me a lot.

I have this same radar it works great. I only paid $180 for mine since my friend works at best buy. Its always nice to know people
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    I have this same radar it works great. I only paid $180 for mine since my friend works at best buy. Its always nice to know people
    When did they start selling that model at best buy? I thought it was an order only unit.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    When did they start selling that model at best buy? I thought it was an order only unit.

I read your post wrong... did you mean 8500 X50? Thats the model i have.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

got an passport 8500 for my bday and i love it

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    i bought my passport 8500 at best buy.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

I have a 100 dollor cobra it works pretty good it has saved me a few times.. Mine also has a lazer function. I can't remember what model it is though...
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

I have a V1, have had it for 4 years now. You can't save yourself from instant-on. Never got a ticket though from a cop sitting with radar there, I've had a few tickets in the 4 years where they're using instant-on and its just me on the road.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by thechickencow
    I have a V1, have had it for 4 years now. You can't save yourself from instant-on. Never got a ticket though from a cop sitting with radar there, I've had a few tickets in the 4 years where they're using instant-on and its just me on the road.
    Not sure if you knew this, but you can upgrade an older model V1 for much less then the cost of a new V1. Just go to their website for details and have your V1 serial number ready. I had their original model from when it first came out. When I went to upgrade, they just sent me a brand new model, with all accessories, fresh in the box. It cost me $220.00. Their new version software is much better at POP (instant on) K and Ka radar. Another reason why, IMHO, V1 is the best. No other mfr. offers upgrades as far as I know.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

the confidance that the V1 brings to your trip is awsome i speed all the time everywhere i go and only get tickets in canada where its illegal I LOVE IT
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    the confidance that the V1 brings to your trip is awsome i speed all the time everywhere i go and only get tickets in canada where its illegal I LOVE IT

lol

There is no other option than the V1. I had one for 2 days, accidentally left my car unlocked and someone took it. 400 dollers down the drain with 2 days of use. When i had it, i was amazed, and all my friends have them and it is the best out. No other option than the V1. Don't throw away ur money with cordless crap and cheap Circuit City stuff. Spend the money and get the goods.
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

Quote Originally Posted by wutamelin
    There is no other option than the V1. I had one for 2 days, accidentally left my car unlocked and someone took it. 400 dollers down the drain with 2 days of use. When i had it, i was amazed, and all my friends have them and it is the best out. No other option than the V1. Don't throw away ur money with cordless crap and cheap Circuit City stuff. Spend the money and get the goods.
    My Solo S2 is the best cordless made. Around 325.00. I don't like cords. It's saved me dozens of times.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

The solo S2 is off 85 percent of the time, it does that so the battery doesn't run out so fast. IMO all cordless radar detectors are worthless.
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

Quote Originally Posted by wutamelin
    The solo S2 is off 85 percent of the time, it does that so the battery doesn't run out so fast. IMO all cordless radar detectors are worthless.
    It saves me all the time. I do change the batteries when it shows half power as recommended by the manufacturer.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

No radar detectors here....it's the force that saves me.

COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast