EGT Gauge died.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on EGT Gauge died. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My EGT gauge went dead the other night. I believe everything else is in order, any thoughts on what might ...

EGT Gauge died.

My EGT gauge went dead the other night. I believe everything else is in order, any thoughts on what might have happened? The week before it died, it was not giving steady reading -- it would go on off until it died.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

have you taken a look at the wiring? its quite possible you have frayed or broken the wire. the wire runs from back to the front of your engine bay. you may have pinched the wire while jacking up the car or something. just a thought. give it a look a lemme know.

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Thanks for the input. The wire does not look pinched. However, there is a tight pinch before the probe, but that's been there since day 1.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Who makes it?
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I Support ClubWRX
    It's probably just the probe that's dead. That's not uncommon. Get a new probe. Most vendors that sell the gauge (whatever gauge it is) will probably be able to get you a new probe...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

maybe ur egts got so high u melted that SOB(sensor).. serisouly i have no idea
    14.160@96.011
    90 degree weather
    airhog, removed silencer, and removed stock catback exhaust (stock DPs in place) and craptacular california 91 octane piss water

Quote Originally Posted by MidKnight
    It's probably just the probe that's dead. That's not uncommon. Get a new probe. Most vendors that sell the gauge (whatever gauge it is) will probably be able to get you a new probe...
    +1... i think way too much.
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe

Yeah you can usually get a new probe but I think in many cases the probe is the most expensive part of the whole deal...

If it was going "on and off" is sounds like it could be a bad connection, maybe the power source, maybe the ground. Maybe a broken wire right at the sensor. Check your connections first if you can, you might save yourself a chunk of change.
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

Thanks. It is an autometer EGT gauge. I started looking at probe costs and they do seem a little pricey. I'll take a look at the connections and probe this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.