Buying Gauges

This is a discussion on Buying Gauges within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys..Ill be purchasing some new gauges next month..I'll be getting the autometer carbon fiber series.....I know.... I wish I ...

Buying Gauges

Hey guys..Ill be purchasing some new gauges next month..I'll be getting the autometer carbon fiber series.....I know....
    I wish I could afford to spend $700-800 on Defi gauges but I cant! Ive been searching to see what the 3 most common types of gauges to get and so far they are:

Boost
    EGT
    Oil Pressure/Oil Temp (Which one???)

I'll be installing them with the autometer center dash pod..I really wanted to install them in the Defi Center Pod but it holds 60mm and the autometers are 52mm. Just seeing what opinions you guys give me on the 3 common gauges needed to monitor my car.

Thanks
    Last edited by 03wrxwgn; 03-03-2006 at 09:12 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 03wrxwgn
    Hey guys..Ill be purchasing some new gauges next month..I'll be getting the autometer carbon fiber series.....I know....
    I wish I could afford to spend $700-800 on Defi gauges but I cant! Ive been searching to see what the 3 most common types of gauges to get and so far they are:

Boost
    EGT
    Oil Pressure/Oil Temp (Which one???)

I'll be installing them with the autometer center dash pod..I really wanted to install them in the Defi Center Pod but it holds 60mm and the autometers are 52mm. Just seeing what opinions you guys give me on the 3 common types of gauges to get!

Thanks
    Go with the Autometer "COLT" series
    So Cal F4 # 10

could allways do this? i just orderd it last week

ATi Triple Gauge Hood: ATi clock pods feature a punch out design that allows you to increase the diameter to accommodate 52mm or 60mm gauges in the same pod, this means you can mix and match 52mm and 60mm gauges. There are optional face plates to customize you pods look. This gauge pod is a smooth black plastic that is not made to match the stock interior but it does blend well.
    GAUGE SIZE: Fits 52mm & 60mm
    PART #: ATI-CLUST-25EJ-03
    MSRP: $140
    OUR PRICE: $119

i got my autometer pod for $40 and i couldnt be happier. the defi and ati pods are very aggresive and it wasnt the look i was going for. if money is tight, stick with the autometer pod. you wont regret it. install is easy too!

-mike
    HAD: 2004 WRX
    MODS: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...01#post1478901

HAVE: 2002 BMW 323CI Coupe