remote starter on 06 TR

This is a discussion on remote starter on 06 TR within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone install a remote starter on their 06's yet? I've read that the subies have a neutral safety switch. Does ...

remote starter on 06 TR

Anyone install a remote starter on their 06's yet? I've read that the subies have a neutral safety switch. Does anyone know where i can get to this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes, subies have a nutral saftey switch, so you can't start the car while it's in gear (unless the cluch is depressed).

Most alarm install places should have ways around this.
    I like to keep my car in gear when parked, don't want it rolling away

I am pretty sure it just has a clutch safety switch. I would love a remote start but I keep my car in gear when it is parked.

I did a rem start on my 06. it was a pita!
    2 switches on the clutch arm to deal with. plus having to build a switch to keep it from starting if left in gear.
    most car stereo shops will not even attempt it. I know we dont. too much liability. so we just tell people no way jose!!!

if you are dead set on it, then practice for a few months leaving it in neutral to get in the habit then give it a shot or find someone who will do it for you.

it takes a couple relays and some creative wiring to get around them.

btw the blue n. safety wire that was present on older wrx at the ecu is not there anymore.

vypr...you have a PM

I dont leave my car in gear anyway....never have

Neutral Safety wire

Remote start in a manual is not bad but I can't find the neutral safety switch in my '04 WRX. I have literally checked every wire at the ECU. None of my blue wires do anything for me. I was able to find a Green/Black wire that rested at +12 volts when the car was in neutral. But this was only the case when the key was turned to ignition. (plus that wire didn't supply enough current to trip a relay) If anyone HAS found this wire in an "04 I'd be delighted to here from you. If not, How did you build that switch VYPR2002????