Navi options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Navi options within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am getting a navi/dvd system put into my 04 rex. I was leaning toward the eclipse AVN6600 or the ...

Navi options

I am getting a navi/dvd system put into my 04 rex. I was leaning toward the eclipse AVN6600 or the pioneer AVIC-N3. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have the avic-n1 in my 03 and it is great. I went with the n1 as some of the features get locked out on the n2 when the car is in motion. Don't know much about the n3. I also use the steering wheel remote and the voice module. The only thing I didn't like was the iPod interface and just took it out yesterday and replaced it with a Harmon Kardon drive system. I used the n1 last year on a trip from Montreal to Myrtle Beach and it took me straight to the hotel door as well as finding me motels on the 2 nights on the road as well as gas stations and restaurants.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

Yeah well the guy that is installing is a friend and he said he could take care of the motion problem..... thanks for the input

I know on the n1 it was just a wire to the emergency brake that was easily bypassed but I was told that the n2 used a different technology that couldn't be.
    Mods: VF34,TMIC, Up pipe, Dp, full catless, Ecutek, Stoptec brakes, DMS 40 coil overs, ALK, CUSCO subframe, Sparco seats, Exedy twin plate and more that I can't remember.

for 1099 get a d1, at online car stereo the do the mod onless you really want single din

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/...037&PN=1&TPN=1

im waiting for mine
    oops

I just bought the D2 with the intergrated Ipod, XM and Sirius, and the performance adapter so I can basically have my guages all on the radio. Its getting installed on Saturday morning so I will let you know how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by canlogic
    I know on the n1 it was just a wire to the emergency brake that was easily bypassed but I was told that the n2 used a different technology that couldn't be.
    I spoke to my radio guy and he said on the newer pioneers (N3,Z1) they have a gyroscope inside the unit and there is no way to disconnect it. But if you really want to you could just get another screen installed in the front somewhere and hook it up to the "rear monitor"

Quote Originally Posted by sweldon2
    I just bought the D2 with the intergrated Ipod, XM and Sirius, and the performance adapter so I can basically have my guages all on the radio. Its getting installed on Saturday morning so I will let you know how it is.

performance adapter? where did you get it and what does it do, ive been looking for something just like this
    oops

it is an add on. I think it is around 300 bucks. It gives you accel, gforce, MPH, odometer, tach, and a bunch of other stuff. I didnt see it online, but when i went to my friend that does the customization, he said he could install it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweldon2
    it is an add on. I think it is around 300 bucks. It gives you accel, gforce, MPH, odometer, tach, and a bunch of other stuff. I didnt see it online, but when i went to my friend that does the customization, he said he could install it for me.
    separate CD and DVD-ROM slots
    displays vehicle performance specifications
    64MB internal memory

according to the crutchfield catalog, it comes with it, but im not sure, they dont list the part or anything. so ask him what it is and maybe a pn
    oops

I am going to see him on Saturday so i will get some info and just post it for you. I saw a demo of it and its bananas. Absolutely necessary. It looks extremely professional.

i sell both the eclipse and pioneer navigations at my work...... eclipse hands down! whether you go with the single or double din unit it will be awesome. tell me of another company out there that will replace your unit for a full 1 year after purchase at no charge! also, when you get the nav installed you insert a cd for it to remember. if the power to the unit is ever lost, it wont play unless you put that cd back in. for example, if it does get stolen, the jackass cant use it unless he guesses the cd that you used

what do you think about the long term reliability of the eclipse decks with the 30 gb hard drives? they look pretty nice but the price is not right
    oops

Alpine

I just posted about this in another thread but Alpine has a new DVD player coming out, double DIN, and for $750 you can add a hand held navigation unit that docks with the car head unit and supplies control to the touch screen. Portable Navigation with DVD for $2K, not bad. Comes out this month. Check www.alpine.com I think.

My bud at MobileOne recommends it to me.

WhiteMonkey

just got everything done! I ended up getting the AVIC D1, ipod interface, PS2 w/wireless controllers, Sirius. Its ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast