I'm going to TRY to install this tomorrow. I need some clarification..I've read the install threads on here, but I'm getting confused and worried about doing this install.
1. On the harness that plugs into the timer (not the one that you have to buy seperately) there are two black wires with C terminals on them. These are for grounding right? Where is the best place to hook them up?
2. I know the purple wire goes to the pink wire connected to the parking brake. The timer came with a red clip that I'm assuming is used to connect this wire. BUT the instructions don't mention it and the install threads on here never mentioned it. Everybody sounds like they've been cutting the wire. Do I use the red clip for this? Do I have to strip the wire? Or does clipping it on cut into the plastic?
3. I want to mount the LCD right next to the cup holder. But it looks like I couldn't fit the wire in any of the cracks around that area. How would I run the wire?
4. Where is the best place to put the module that everything connects to?
5. The instructions and threads here aren't clear or don't mention hooking up the hose for the boost gauge. How do I do this? I would prefer not cutting any hoses under the hood.
6. I'm not sure how to rig it so I can turn the alarm on with the TT. I've read about cutting a green and black wire and a grey wire. This is confusing. What do I do?
If possible, could somebody PLEASE PLEASE snap me some pics AND put indicators pointing to the wire(s) or areas in question? I'm very leary of this install. I don't want to screw anything up. Everybody says it's easy, but I've never worked on cars before, so it's pretty overwhelming and intimidating.
Thanks for the help.