Installing Blitz DTT DC2 tomorrow, need clarifications..
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing Blitz DTT DC2 tomorrow, need clarifications.. within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm going to TRY to install this tomorrow. I need some clarification..I've read the install threads on here, but I'm ...

Installing Blitz DTT DC2 tomorrow, need clarifications..

I'm going to TRY to install this tomorrow. I need some clarification..I've read the install threads on here, but I'm getting confused and worried about doing this install.

1. On the harness that plugs into the timer (not the one that you have to buy seperately) there are two black wires with C terminals on them. These are for grounding right? Where is the best place to hook them up?

2. I know the purple wire goes to the pink wire connected to the parking brake. The timer came with a red clip that I'm assuming is used to connect this wire. BUT the instructions don't mention it and the install threads on here never mentioned it. Everybody sounds like they've been cutting the wire. Do I use the red clip for this? Do I have to strip the wire? Or does clipping it on cut into the plastic?

3. I want to mount the LCD right next to the cup holder. But it looks like I couldn't fit the wire in any of the cracks around that area. How would I run the wire?

4. Where is the best place to put the module that everything connects to?

5. The instructions and threads here aren't clear or don't mention hooking up the hose for the boost gauge. How do I do this? I would prefer not cutting any hoses under the hood.

6. I'm not sure how to rig it so I can turn the alarm on with the TT. I've read about cutting a green and black wire and a grey wire. This is confusing. What do I do?

If possible, could somebody PLEASE PLEASE snap me some pics AND put indicators pointing to the wire(s) or areas in question? I'm very leary of this install. I don't want to screw anything up. Everybody says it's easy, but I've never worked on cars before, so it's pretty overwhelming and intimidating.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by verbal; 11-15-2002 at 04:31 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can help since I had all the same questions as you when installing.

1. Yes, for grounding. Look for any screw that is touching sheet metal or frame. There are many places under dash to do this.

2. I don't remember if mine came with a clip, but I am assuming this is a vampire clip which requires NO splicing. It will bite through the insulation and into the wire.

3. Can't help you on this one. I mounted mine at the bottom of my A-pillar.

4. I double sticky taped my module to the backside of my glove compartment. If you reach up under dash, you'll feel a flat spot to mount it.

5. You have to either cut a hose or disconnect and buy extra hose(which is what I did). I disconnected hose at BOV, then bought really short piece to reconnect after t-valve.

6. This is the part I really screwed up. Ok, take out the cointray/fuse box. If you look straight in, you will see 4 wires(I think), one of which is green. DO NOT CUT THIS WIRE. the one you want to cut is way above this under the dash. You will be able to see a black box for security system if you lay on floor board and look above the previous mentioned wires. A group of rough 20 wires clips into this module and the dark green wire is in that group. Unclip it from the security box and find the dark green wire to cut and tape off. If you do this, your security system will work with the TT.

Hope this helps.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

1. Yes, for grounding. Look for any screw that is touching sheet metal or frame. There are many places under dash to do this.
    WHERE though? I've been looking under the dash for 20 minutes now and all the screws I find are near the drivers or passengers feet. I DON'T want to put them there. I found some screws up near the stearing column but don't know if it's good to put them there. Where did you put yours?

All I nedd to do is ground it, hook up the wire to the parking brake, rig the alarm and test it. So far the hardest parts were unhooking the ignition wires and finding a damn place to ground it...ugh.

I need this reply quick. Everything is apart and it's going to get dark within an hour or two. Would like to finish this today...

Also, everybody says they mounted it behind the glovebox. Thats a great spot. But how the hell did you route the wires being the center console? I'm trying to run them but can't find any space.

Sorry I am getting back to you so late. I don't know if you even need help now.

I grounded to screws located under carpeting on passenger side.

Ah, yes, getting wires through center console was not easy. I basically forced the harness througha very small opening just above and to the right of gas pedal. I literally wrapped a screwdriver with a towel and forced it through.
    2002 Platinum Silver Rex

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.