GReddy Informeter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on GReddy Informeter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone here running this in his/her WRX? I was thinking about getting one instead of getting all of the gauges. ...

GReddy Informeter

Anyone here running this in his/her WRX? I was thinking about getting one instead of getting all of the gauges. What do you guys think of it?

http://www.optionimports.com/grinin.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm going to order one from RallySportDirect soon, it seems like a really good deal, I want to see where other people have mounted their's before i buy it though.

Pics anyone?
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Pics would be awesome. I am also considering this. I did a quick search on google and found if at many places. All were less than 360. Some were even almost $100 less. So make sure you look around for a good deal because $360 is the Greddy MSRP and very few things sell at MSRP.

I just ordered mine from a local shop, it will be here tomorow, I payed 300 shipped next day and the cheapest I found it online was $275 so I just rather of bought it at the shop. Anyway, tomorow once I hook it up I will post up some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    I just ordered mine from a local shop, it will be here tomorow, I payed 300 shipped next day and the cheapest I found it online was $275 so I just rather of bought it at the shop. Anyway, tomorow once I hook it up I will post up some pics.

Nice! After you hook it up an everything, can you give a list of what it tells? Hopefully it will show EVERYTHING, PSI, EGT, AFR? stuff like that. Im assuming that the OBDII in the 02 will be the same as the OBDII in the 06?

Sorry for my lack of apostrophes, there is something wrong with my keyboard and everytime I hit that key, It pops up my find thingy at the bottom. I think I need to restart.

LeeC, definately please post back here once it is installed. I am really interested in this device.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXNavigation
    LeeC, definately please post back here once it is installed. I am really interested in this device.

+3
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Sounds pretty awesome, I found this info on projectnissan.com:

Read up to 25 pieces of information
    Communicate with the factory ECU toreadupto25 Channels. Like: Speedometer, RPM, Water Temp, Ignition Timing, Injector Rate, Intake Air Temp., Fuel Temp., Air Flow Voltage, Intake Manifold Press., O2 Sensor Voltage, A/F, Battery Voltage, Throttle Position, WGV, ATF Temp., EGR Temp., Gear Position, 4WD ratio, Exhaust Temp.

If this thing does boost too, I'm sold.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm curious about this unit also. I'm trying to picture a wire from the OBDII port and a power cord going to this unit. My dash is getting messy already with sirius and V1 stacked on it. Might have to go hardwire.

I did notice on one website that it had a caution that it "may not monitor all parameters listed", so I wonder how vehicle specific it's software is.

Please post pics and thoughts when you get it installed. Did you also get a mounting kit with it? The only one I found was in the UK at it was basically an ipod holder with a suction cup.

This was the cheapest site I could find it, so you could at least us it somewhere else for a price match reference. 275 bucks.
    http://www.intensepower.com/grininfcosh.html
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07

I did notice on one website that it had a caution that it "may not monitor all parameters listed", so I wonder how vehicle specific it's software is.
    Right, I would imagine it depends on the car to some degree. And obviously something like the "4WD ratio" would only be available on suitably equipped vehicles. Still, if it does even half of what it claims it would be extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by UR MOTHA

If this thing does boost too, I'm sold.

Quote Originally Posted by RallySportDirect
    It can display up to 25 items. but not all cars will have all items. Bascily if your obd2 port has access to info about your map sensor or your o2 sensor this should be able to read and display what its doing in real time.

A common question is does it read boost? well it does, but what it is reading your map sensor to get that reading. so if you use a fcd of any sort, mechicnal or electric there will be a point where the reading this gives you is off.

-Jason
    Rallysport Direct

Thats from the thread where RSD announces they have it...

Can't wait to get it tomorow

sweet. I might just have to order one this week

Cavallino, this is a list copied from RSD's post in the vendor announcment forum, this thing is great =D I have to photobucket my pics then ill post some up, Sorry for the bad quatlity they were pretty quick and i had my friend drive to take some while in motion.

Anyway... it displays Speedometer, RPM, Water Temp, Ignition Timing, Injector Rate, Intake Air Temp, Fuel Temp, Air Flow Voltage, Intake Manifold Press, 02 Sensor Voltage, A/F, Battery Voltage, Throttle Position, WGV, ATF Temp, EGR Temp, Gear Position, 4WD Ratio, Exhaust Temp.

But for some reason i couldn't get the gear postion to work (no biggie)

I don't have the 02 sensor ones working either but im guessing thats due to my exhaust

Errrr my post didnt show up?

*test post*

EDIT: ok, time is off on here and posts are like going back spaces... weird
    Last edited by LeeC; 02-23-2006 at 12:06 PM.

(ok so its really like 1015 here (the time on the site is weird so this post will be like Mid-Thread

Very dirty hood =/

Black Faceplate on

Only complaint really is there is no harness or stand (which would help alot since there is no great place to mount it)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.