GReddy Informeter - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on GReddy Informeter within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; cool I'm going to get one. EDIT:everythings out of order this getting really confusing....

cool I'm going to get one.

EDIT:everythings out of order this getting really confusing.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333

EDIT:everythings out of order this getting really confusing.
    Yea i couldn't find my posts then i saw them mid thread
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

any updates on this thing installed...

Got it, and installed it... heres my opinions

1 - This thing is amazing and well worth the money.
    2 - Very easy to hook up.
    3 - you can set alerts for a certain anything (speed, boost, water temp, etc.) and it will beep and alert you... with both a yellow zone and a red zone
    4 - very neat selection of features.

The bad: The adhesive they give you is horrible (i'm going to go to home depot and get better adhesive right now so i can actually mount it)

No "good place" to mount it (i'm probably mounting mine on the front of the cupholder)

The directions are in jap

It's well worth the money and a awesome thing to have... Pics when mounted tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    Got it, and installed it... heres my opinions

1 - This thing is amazing and well worth the money.
    2 - Very easy to hook up.
    3 - you can set alerts for a certain anything (speed, boost, water temp, etc.) and it will beep and alert you... with both a yellow zone and a red zone
    4 - very neat selection of features.

The bad: The adhesive they give you is horrible (i'm going to go to home depot and get better adhesive right now so i can actually mount it)

No "good place" to mount it (i'm probably mounting mine on the front of the cupholder)

The directions are in jap

It's well worth the money and a awesome thing to have... Pics when mounted tonight!

hmm sounds pretty good looks like I might be buying one soon. Which features does it display?
    Last edited by cavallino333; 02-23-2006 at 05:01 PM.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

can you post some pictures of it with the split screens?

I don't know what you mean about split screen, like displaying more then one feature?

I'll get some pictures of the 3 and 6meter screens tonight maybe that will be what your talking about.

yes the screen with multiple read outs is what I mean sorry about the confusion. if you have pictures of that it would be great...

options on screen..

you can set upper and lower limits for all the items to be measured (as applicable) to beep at...wallpapers include a wrx, van, skyline, and some other one...
    you can select to show (if I remember correctly..dam..there's a lot of options on this thing!)

1. one round gauge only
    2. one round gauge on left upper corner and a linear gauge on right lower corner
    3. list of 2 to be monitored
    3. list of 3 "
    4. list of 6 "

(I'll add more to this when later )

Here's the 3 and 6 screens, ALSO i ziptied the wires together in tight circles and zip tied it to a bigger rubber cord under the dash so the extra wiring is out of site (also changed the direction around do the wire doesn;t have to come across the informeter and it's facing towards the ODB port

Quote Originally Posted by jayj713
    Nice! After you hook it up an everything, can you give a list of what it tells? Hopefully it will show EVERYTHING, PSI, EGT, AFR? stuff like that. Im assuming that the OBDII in the 02 will be the same as the OBDII in the 06?

Sorry for my lack of apostrophes, there is something wrong with my keyboard and everytime I hit that key, It pops up my find thingy at the bottom. I think I need to restart.
    Just saw this, first off, no PSI, it's in BAR (unless it can read PSI but to the best of my knowledge it can't) AFR is a yes, EGT i'm pretty sure is a yes (i haven't even bothered to look for it since my 02 sensor isn't hooked up. All ODBII ports are the same so yes it will work in the 06, all you do is pick your maker and it will work.
    Last edited by LeeC; 02-24-2006 at 10:10 AM.

LeeC,

Specificaly about the Manifold air pressure (read "boost") does it seem to be relatively accurate? I have been looking at gauges and this Informeter seems like it might be a good alternative for the short term. I will eventually want to get a good set of gauges when I begin to modify more, but for now this seems like a neat way to observe what my car is actually doing.

The biggest one I am interested in is boost pressure. So what are your thoughts?

Oh, and thanks for the nice posts and pictures!

Well, i'm not EXACTLY sure if its 100% accurate but it really seems liek it, with no FCD RallySportDirect says it will be accurate (i still have the stock boost cut problem and i spike to 1.27 bar then alternate from 0.9bar to 1.10bar and i believe this is what it would show on any other boost gauage sinse when i hit "full boost" after the spike its ~16psi I'm pretty sure, seems right to me, the main reason i bought this is because of it being a good thing for shortterm use, I plan on buying an sti at the end of the year, and i don;t want to go through the trouble of installing gauges on my wrx. This is easily interchangeble, and when you do get real gauges, this thing should be very easy to sell considering its universal and not just for subby's

I've had a mechanical Greddy boost gauge for a while and this is pretty dead-on.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC

oh no a cel!
    oops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast