Any Recommendations for '03 wrx speaker
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Any Recommendations for '03 wrx speaker within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking into upgrading my stock sound system, but I don't want to re-wire anything, what's the first step to ...

Any Recommendations for '03 wrx speaker

I'm looking into upgrading my stock sound system, but I don't want to re-wire anything, what's the first step to take to improve it? Can I replace just the speakers? if so, what kind?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Get Infinity Kappa's 5.25 components, very nice!!

Thanks for the recommandation, but I've got coupons from Bestbuy, which one of these looks best?

well, I would definitley go with 6.5" seperates in the front doors. For the back I would enlarge the hole and try to get 5.25 in the rear doors. Seperates up front and a coaxial in the back. You want the largest speakers in the front doors for more bass/midbass (unless your using a sub). Be careful of the front tweeters since the position in the door may cause them to be overly 'bright'. Currently I am using Focal 'thin mount' 6.5" seperates in the front. You might have to create a spacer for the speaker to fit. Hope it helps.
    "Failure is only an option for those who try".

I put Polk db series speakers all around in my car (6.5s in front, 5.25s in the rear). They were on sale on CircuitCity.com for buy one get one 50% off, I think. CircuitCity.com often has these internet specials and you can select to pick up your order at the store, so you save on shipping and can get them in about 30 minutes.

The speakers sound really good with my Pioneer head unit.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.