Twin OEM Subwoofers?

This is a discussion on Twin OEM Subwoofers? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did a search on this here and at Nastysock, and couldn't find anything, though I feel like I've seen ...

I Support ClubWRX

Twin OEM Subwoofers?

I did a search on this here and at Nastysock, and couldn't find anything, though I feel like I've seen this somewhere before.

My current WRX has the crummy OEM sub under the passenger seat. I still have the OEM sub that came with my first WRX. I was thinking of trying to make them both work; should just be a matter of getting power to the added sub and giving it the same speaker inputs as my current one.

Has anyone done this?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope but that would be really cool Ray! Maybe 2 of those subs will equal to .5 of a regualar 10'? i'm assuming all you would have to do is to hook into the 1st T harness.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    Nope but that would be really cool Ray! Maybe 2 of those subs will equal to .5 of a regualar 10'? i'm assuming all you would have to do is to hook into the 1st T harness.
    Yeah, I know the stock sub sucks. I don't have the huge influx of travel money to pay for a decent stereo this time, so I'm lookin' for freebies.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Yeah, I know the stock sub sucks. I don't have the huge influx of travel money to pay for a decent stereo this time, so I'm lookin' for freebies.
    Personally dont go through the time to do this, one day if you want to upgrade then I would go with a 12" JL sub and a small like 1000 watt amp. I have never seen the oem sub but could you possibly fit it in the same area and just run better wires for the power?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vwwanksta69
    Personally dont go through the time to do this, one day if you want to upgrade then I would go with a 12" JL sub and a small like 1000 watt amp. I have never seen the oem sub but could you possibly fit it in the same area and just run better wires for the power?
    The oem sub is tiny; doubtful that anything worth having would fit in its place. I had powered Infiniti Basslink mounted in the corner of the trunk of my last car. It was a quantum leap above the stocker.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    The oem sub is tiny; doubtful that anything worth having would fit in its place. I had powered Infiniti Basslink mounted in the corner of the trunk of my last car. It was a quantum leap above the stocker.
    OMG I had the Basslink TOO!!!!11!!! (sold it with the car...boo)

I think when it comes to stock subs, 1+1=1. not worth your time to install both.
    Dead is Hard. Life is Much Easier. Be Adequite.
    -Lindsay Lohan