Custom Install of HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Custom Install of HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, what's going on? So my buddy and I did a little custom work on my Dash for the ...

Custom Install of HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer

Hey all, what's going on? So my buddy and I did a little custom work on my Dash for the HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer.

I'd like you to let me know what ya'll think. Be kind.... it's not totally finished yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image007.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok, also...... The color IS the same, it's just the light from the sun making it look a little different. Plus, the flat surface of the right side, ad the slightly curved side on the left make it look a little different as well. And the white stuff you MAY see in the crack on the right, is Styrofoam..... I don't think I even need it, so I'm going to get in there and get it out.

So.... whadya think?

Blue.

PS: I'd never used a Dremmel before either.

Here's another shot from the side:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image006.jpg  

Looks good!! You could have kept your cupholder and slipped it into the left piece pretty easily too. Like I did here. Unfortunately, I mounted it too far to the left and had to angle it to get it to fit around a clip, but you can get it to flush mount in there!

Also, if you want to put it in the center like that, you could give it a really nice finished look by finding the JDM vent surround and cutting it up. The cupholder is on the other side, leaving you with a nice piece that will fit flush with that angle on the right end.

Last edited by djrez4; 11-13-2002 at 02:22 AM.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

djrez,

Thanks man. The reason I decided to do it in the middle was because it hasn't been done very much, or at all. I've seen to the left too many times.... so I just wanted to be different. Oh, and I'd been driving around without the cupholder for a few months anyway.... I hate that thing. It's worthless, all I got out of it were water or coke stains on my Radio. Not good!

The idea about the JDM vent surround is a GREAT idea. Do you have any idea where I can find one, on an english speaking website?

Blue

[QUOTE]Originally posted by djrez4
    [B]Looks good!! You could have kept your cupholder and slipped it into the left piece pretty easily too. Like I did here. Unfortunately, I mounted it too far to the left and had to angle it to get it to fit around a clip, but you can get it to flush mount in there!

I like that on the left, do you know of a link to scoobymods or anywhere else with custom install directions?

I have NO idea where you could find a JDM vent surround. Or an english website for that matter

As far as instructions go, I don't know anywhere that has them. I just took the peice off and went at it with the Dremmel. Send your vent surround to me with a money order for $25 plus return shipping and I'll do it for you
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Man, I just contacted SubaruParts.com, and that damn piece costs $70! It must be because of the connector for the hazard lights.

Oh well, I think I'm beginning to get used to it, though I do think I will repaint the pieces, and shave a little more off the Alumn.

Blue

Thx djrez4 for the offer but I have a dremal so I might as well give it a shot myself hehe

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.