3rd ATTEMPT ASKING HELP!!!!! A/F Gauge INSTALL!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 3rd ATTEMPT ASKING HELP!!!!! A/F Gauge INSTALL!!!!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; this is my 3rd attempt on asking any of you guys to help me figure out my A/F gauge. out ...

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar

3rd ATTEMPT ASKING HELP!!!!! A/F Gauge INSTALL!!!!!!

this is my 3rd attempt on asking any of you guys to help me figure out my A/F gauge. out of all my threads on this 0 replys and 14 views!

look i know that an A/F gauge is useless without a Wideband o2 sensor. but its still gonna tell me if im running lean right?

im having trouble with the signal wire. i cant get the gauge to read anything but RICH. ive tried to tap everything that has to do with the o2 sensors according to my 05 factory service manual. ive tried front and rear o2 sensors and heaters and NO LUCK! it just reads RICH. no change in when i drive it in gear either. im about ready to give up on the gauge if no body helps me.

even a simple reply saying that its pointless to have it w/o a wideband...etc....would help.....

THANKS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It is pointless to have without a wideband.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

I know there is a guide in here somewhere on which wire of the ecu you need to tap into. I bought my WRX used and the 'waste of skin' who owned it before me had a a/f gauge installed. Unfortunately he just connected power and ground so the gauge was pegged constantly rich. After I found out which wire to tap into I simply ran another wire from the gauge to the ecu. I know it is not a useless tool but at least now the damn thing works. Try a search and if you cant find anything here look over in NASIOC.

Quote Originally Posted by rex=my_life
    It is pointless to have without a wideband.
    what a pointless comment.
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx
    Um no... Without a wideband o2 sensor its so inacurrate its pointless to install if you are serious about telling your a/f ratio. EGT would be way better without having wideband....

I Support ClubWRX
    Without a wideband the gauge is only for show.

^ Indeed. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Without a wideband the gauge is only for show.
    without a wideband its just a light show
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex View Post
    I could tea-bag your ass into a coma.

my autometer electric's didn't work until I tapped into the ignition wire...I originally tapped into the clock, because I got the clock gauge pod...so make sure you are tapping into the right constant power source...I didn't so my gauges worked but the boost was "22 psi"...then I fixed it and it worked...also...it isn't USELESS if you just want to see if you're running a little bit rich or a little bit lean...wideband just matters for tuning and people who are anal...I'm anal, so I'm saving for AEM LOL...hope that helps a bit

just freaking help the dude and stop saying its pointless...he already said he knows he needs a wide band. he already has the dam thing so just help him get it working so he can look at the lil light go back and forth

Ok. To find the awnser you need use the SEARCH function...

now even that is a better answer then saying "its pointless"

Quote Originally Posted by VF22-WRX
    it isn't USELESS if you just want to see if you're running a little bit rich or a little bit lean

thank you. everyone is so damn quick to call a narrow band a/f gauge useless,

i have to disagree with sho though. maybe i was rude i dont know. sure hes not going to be able to remap his fuel cause he's leaning 2 points under load blah blah blah but thats not the point if you want to have something to tell you if your leaning out or getting pig rich an a/f gauge is a cheap 30 dollar piece of insurance. can you hear a ping when your radio is at 35? i doubt it, but if the light show went solid red maybe youve got some things to check out.

people are just so quick to say rice! useless! ... and not answer the question. he didnt ask for your opinion, just some tech advice.

Quote Originally Posted by SHO_Guy
    Ok. To find the awnser you need use the SEARCH function
    now this i can agree with
    Last edited by longislandwrx; 02-11-2006 at 12:38 PM.
    oops

I Support ClubWRX

people are just so quick to say rice! useless! ... and not answer the question. he didnt ask for your opinion, just some tech advice.

Read the first post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheFugitiveMind

even a simple reply saying that its pointless to have it w/o a wideband...etc....would help.....

Pointless of a comment as it might be, its true.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.