Interior leather (fetish?)

This is a discussion on Interior leather (fetish?) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Last week I bought a deerskin hide from a leather place here in town. Black, of course, but I chose ...

Interior leather (fetish?)

Last week I bought a deerskin hide from a leather place here in town. Black, of course, but I chose deerskin because it had a nice grain pattern and had a good 'hand' (their term, not mine).
    I am going to make a shift boot out of some of it but yesterday I covered the center arm rest with it. WOW! It turned out well. I'd post a pic but it wouldn't do it justice. I didn't remove the existing vinyl because the padding is attached to it and not the armrest lid.
    I used a spray adhesive by Elmer's that is made for porous material. 3M makes a nice spray adhesive too.
    I didn't stretch the leather because the deerskin is so soft that the grain pattern disappears when it is stretched.

Now, I want to do the door armrests. Does anyone know if those come off seperately from the door panel?

After the armrest perhaps I should cover the dash, and then the headliner, probably the trunk....

Thanks
    '00 M5 ...with stuff
    '07 Moto Guzzi Griso ...also has stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a nice mod, post pics!!. My stock armrest could use a nice leather cover on it.
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

Well, I thought about pix but it wouldn't look much different from the stock armrest. I need a digital camera too...
    '00 M5 ...with stuff
    '07 Moto Guzzi Griso ...also has stuff