Interior leather (fetish?)

This is a discussion on Interior leather (fetish?) within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Last week I bought a deerskin hide from a leather place here in town. Black, of course, but I chose ...

Interior leather (fetish?)

Last week I bought a deerskin hide from a leather place here in town. Black, of course, but I chose deerskin because it had a nice grain pattern and had a good 'hand' (their term, not mine).
    I am going to make a shift boot out of some of it but yesterday I covered the center arm rest with it. WOW! It turned out well. I'd post a pic but it wouldn't do it justice. I didn't remove the existing vinyl because the padding is attached to it and not the armrest lid.
    I used a spray adhesive by Elmer's that is made for porous material. 3M makes a nice spray adhesive too.
    I didn't stretch the leather because the deerskin is so soft that the grain pattern disappears when it is stretched.

Now, I want to do the door armrests. Does anyone know if those come off seperately from the door panel?

After the armrest perhaps I should cover the dash, and then the headliner, probably the trunk....

Thanks
    '02 Black WRX ...with stuff
    '04 Forester XT ...wife won't let me mess with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds like a nice mod, post pics!!. My stock armrest could use a nice leather cover on it.
    2oo2 WRX Sdn
    'less is more'

Well, I thought about pix but it wouldn't look much different from the stock armrest. I need a digital camera too...
    '02 Black WRX ...with stuff
    '04 Forester XT ...wife won't let me mess with it.