Fiberglass Enclosure Part 2 w/pics - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Fiberglass Enclosure Part 2 w/pics within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Any updates?...

I Support ClubWRX
    Any updates?
    Street Racer Emeritus
    '02 2.5L WRX - Retired

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TypeC
    Any updates?
    Yeah clicky clicky here Link
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

did you just use like 3m adhesive to stretch and stick the fleece to the center ring and then the sides of the box? after you resin and started doing the glass layers over, how did you keep it from getting too thick on the back/sides/ bottom so it wont screw up the fitment?
    oops

Quote Originally Posted by longislandwrx
    did you just use like 3m adhesive to stretch and stick the fleece to the center ring and then the sides of the box? after you resin and started doing the glass layers over, how did you keep it from getting too thick on the back/sides/ bottom so it wont screw up the fitment?
    I made a solid circle that would fit where the sub goes and screwed it in to hold the fleece in place while the resin dried. I just stretch the fleece over the back and hot glue it in place. After the resin dries I grind off so it doesn't affect the fit. You have to make sure the resin soaks good to the back layer.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

very nice, i just pulled mine out of the trunk, got two good layers of glass down, it is already very solid, since its been so damn cold i brought it into the basemnt all weekend by the furnace to cure, theres a few air bubbles that i need to sand out and reglass, but i think its coming out great, the clear tape peeled right off, no problems with release.

i picked up some old cheap fleece and a 2x4 sheet of 3/4 mdf. tonight ill lay down the 3rd layer of glass. i think 4 should be plenty. its already very rigid. im very excited. ill get some pics after i get the 3rd layer of glass on it.
    oops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12