Looking to upgrade WRX stock audio...

This is a discussion on Looking to upgrade WRX stock audio... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, guys, when it comes to car audio, I am beyond being just a total noob. I would however, like ...

Looking to upgrade WRX stock audio...

Hey, guys, when it comes to car audio, I am beyond being just a total noob. I would however, like to upgrade the cars stock sound system. I'm not looking to spend too much money either. I appreciate any help you can give me!
    ericmarkpaul: i pooed myself last night while i was sleeping!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    What are you willing to spend?
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

I'd say roughly 250, can I even upgrade the stock sytem for that much?

If you are willing to install the speakers by yourself you could go into just about anywhere and buy speakers for less than $200 for all 4. Or what i did was buy my speakers on ebay, runs about $60 a pair (included shipping) You could buy some off ebay and even pay the standard $30 or so charge for speaker install. So in other words, ya, you can do it for under $250!

So what kind of speakers do you suggest I consider buying, for the price I said?

Im in love with the pioneers but everyone seems to have there own preference. I have pioneers and i think they sound great. They espicially have really good highs imo and i have a sub to go with it. But they sound good either way.

I think first you should upgrade the head unit...the speakers need the power to be able to give you anything and stock head units don't really cut it. An aftermarket head unit however can help your stock speakers.

I got a Pioneer DEH-P6700MP and it made the stock speakers sound a lot better...less tinny and a little fuller.
    2006 WRX TR: TurboXS RFL-Ti TBE, GR+ Pro Coilovers and all supporting suspension mods, Stage 3 block with CP pistons, 18g, P&L FMIC, deatschwerk 750cc injectors, PPG gears

hahaha, i didnt even think of head unit cause i got my car with an aftermarket one, but i agree 100% with the statement below!