HELP QUICK! A/F Guage Signal Wire 05 wrx

This is a discussion on HELP QUICK! A/F Guage Signal Wire 05 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i need to know which pin on the ECU is the Signal Wire for the Oxygen Sensor? ive tried the ...

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar

HELP QUICK! A/F Guage Signal Wire 05 wrx

i need to know which pin on the ECU is the Signal Wire for the Oxygen Sensor? ive tried the ECU diagrams for 02 and 04 Sti. No Luck the Pinouts and Harnesses are completely diffrent.

i tried a few wires and the gauge LED's flicker. but still no luck on finding the right wire.

ive searched and came up with nothing i would like to have this done today.

i have a 05 WRX sedan.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar

BUMP!! still no help/luck!!!!!!

BUMP!!!!!!!

ive tried searching 3 diffrent forums! and NO LUCK!! i dont care if i have a narrowband o2 sensor. i have the guage mounted and ready to go just needs to be plugged in to the ECM

i bought the factory service manual for my 05 sedan and the pinouts are there but when i connect the signal wire from my A/F gauge nothing happens, the last LED lights up on my guage.

if i touch the signal wire with one hand and use my other hand to touch a ground point. the Gauge goes ballistic and sometimes reads lean.

i tried hooking up the Negative(ground) to the O2 sensor ground and the Positive signal cable to the ECM. and no luck. gauge lights up. and LED reads rich.

what is going on??????? i want this gauge to be hooked up. ive been fiddling with it for the past 3 days. and i cant come up with an answer!

BTW its a Auto Meter A/F Guage Lunar Series. and i have a 05 Sedan.

Thanks!!!!!
    what is going on

I had that with my A/F gauge and Autometer said it was broken and I sent it back an they replaced it. It works fine now.

This is happening to my autometer a/f gauge right now, (only the last LED is lit) I have read that the problem is the wrx 02sensor is to strong for the gauge, therefore the gauge only shows the last led lit. There is a new O2 sensor kit that autometer sells to work with the a/f gauge but its 95$ and I was woundering if anyone else found a way to get the a/f gauge to work with out the 95$ kit.

Thanks, Eric