Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure guage help

This is a discussion on Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure guage help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm gettin ready to place my order and get a Boost, EGT, and Oil pressure guage and it's asking me ...

Boost, EGT, Oil Pressure guage help

I'm gettin ready to place my order and get a Boost, EGT, and Oil pressure guage and it's asking me if I want to purchase a pressure sandwhich adapter with it for an extra $39? Can someone explain to me what this is. Also isnt $119 a bit much for a Autometer A-pillar 3 guage pod. Any other suggestions on where to get a guage pod like that a bit cheaper? Thanks for the help.

Nick

http://www.daddysscp.com/dcart4/prod...&cat=13&page=1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the sandwich adapter lets you take your pressure readings at the drain hole but I'm not positive. I installed my pressure sender in the port under the intercooler and there you only need a thread adapter.

$119 for a gauge pod seems kinda high. Try http://www.egauges.com/vdo_acce.asp?...WRX_Pod&Cart=1
    06 S40 T5 AWD
    Previous: 2004 WRX
    05 CBR600F4i

The sandwhich adapter goes inbetween the block and your oil filter, thus a sandwhich. I believe it has two outputs so that you can run a oil pressure and oil tempature gauges with a relative easy install. I'd do what 04blkwrx suggests and just get the thread adapter.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

I have the sandwhich adapter in my set up and yes it has two ports. I installed Oil Temp and Pressure in mine.

where is the location of the threaded hole for an oil pressure sender? pics very much helpfull

the best place for oil pressure or temperature is the galley plug under tmic. or just remove the dummy light. if you use the top galley plug you can order from subaru a double threaded plug for the sender. thats my $0.02
    07 white STi in CT

Quote Originally Posted by ryanwrxduksa
    the best place for oil pressure or temperature is the galley plug under tmic. or just remove the dummy light. if you use the top galley plug you can order from subaru a double threaded plug for the sender. thats my $0.02
    That really is the way to do it. Good thread on nasioc.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

where is the dummy light i would go over to the subaru dealer and ask them to see their books but showing up in my toyota uniform would be a little weird ..... and im pretty sure that if i just walked in there with my normal clothes on they wouldnt let me see it