Momo Air Race shift knob - leather vs aluminum
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Momo Air Race shift knob - leather vs aluminum within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone have pics of the Momo Air Race INSTALLED into the cabin (both aluminum and leather version). They are slightly ...

Momo Air Race shift knob - leather vs aluminum

Anyone have pics of the Momo Air Race INSTALLED into the cabin (both aluminum and leather version). They are slightly different from each other and I want to compare them in cabin to figure out which one I want. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thinkledge's shift knob.

This is djshadow's

I just ordered the all leather one because I figure it would be more confortable in the heat and the cold.

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

Quote Originally Posted by Wrx BriT
    Thinkledge's shift knob.

This is djshadow's

I just ordered the all leather one because I figure it would be more confortable in the heat and the cold.

My car nice and clean.

The only thing i dont like is the metal gets really hot or really cold.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    The only thing i dont like is the metal gets really hot or really cold.
    I've got the 1/2 leather knob, and I just keep a sock over it in the summer time when it gets hot. I wear gloves in the winter. Gotta have proper driving gloves for that awful stop-and-go around here.

I don't think the full-leather one would help much, it's the disc on top that burns/freezes my hand. It does get very hot and very cold, that aluminum is killer.

Ah, but we must suffer for our art, no?
    ribonucleic acid freakout

got the same one as djshadow and it can get a little hot, you just have to change your grip and only touch the leather. I usualy just use 3 fingers to shift if its hot and it isnt a prob in the cold.

I used to have the sti knob that was shapped like a piston and it burned me like a mofo till i traded for the momo and im happy with it.

cant go wrong with some leather on the knob.

luke
    I just don't get this drifting thing, why would I spend money to put a car in the wall for a bunch of stupid 16 year olds with dreams of fast and Furious?

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

I definately like the look of the aluminum over the leather.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

The all leather one looks a little more classy to me, plus I like a little leather to hold on too. The half and half just has a small piece of leather so you could call it an all aluminium shift mod with leather trim.
    We should start a pole.

Mine has not arived yet so do these knobs use screws or they twist on?

Sn
    ale Power: -BriTon
    06 STi=dead

RSTi Swap FTW
    Hawk-Eye Allience #013

They screw right on and if you got the right one your's should have a lip that attaches to the shift boot, such a nice knob. Aluminum is really cold/hot in summer/winter but you get used to it I guess.
    2003 Stage 2 Sedan - Sonic Yellow

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.