help with dvd player install

This is a discussion on help with dvd player install within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just finished installing a dvd player/stereo in my 05 wrx... the only thing i have left is a wire ...

help with dvd player install

i just finished installing a dvd player/stereo in my 05 wrx... the only thing i have left is a wire that needs to go to a negative parking brake wire i'm quite stumped on how to do this... please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ground the wire, the reason they tell you to hook it up to a parking brake is becuase if u hook it up, it wont allow u to watch movies unless the parking brake is engaged. If you ground the wire you dont have to put the parking brake up. I did it in my04 when i had it and worked fine.

awesome it worked, thanks...now i just have to keep myself from watching movies while i drive

haha, i'm getting ready to buy a badass pioneer dvd player, is that seriously all you have to do? i heard that but i wasn't sure, also if you don't want to "get in trouble" with the law they have on/off switches for it too that you can conceal so if you,... get pulled over HAHA you can flip the switch and the screen will read "you may not watch dvd's while driving"

haha, i'm getting ready to buy a badass pioneer dvd player, is that seriously all you have to do? i heard that but i wasn't sure, also if you don't want to "get in trouble" with the law they have on/off switches for it too that you can conceal so if you,... get pulled over HAHA you can flip the switch and the screen will read "you may not watch dvd's while driving"

Yeah thats all you have to do, all i did was shut it off when i got pulled over, no big deal. I dont even know if theres a law or anything that prohibits it, but i wasnt worried about it.

Aye, just ground that wire. You could put a spst toggle in and hide it somewhere so you could flip it in case of getting pulled over, but that seems overkill. I've had my in-dash for 2 months now and it really makes road trips better.

One tip i've got. Either watch movies you've seen before, or watch comedies. action movies require too much actual watching the screen.

lol that makes sense! yea i'm totally excited about getting this indash, i did the whole sub and fiberglass box thing to my car back in the summer and this is the final audio touch (besides new speakers... gonna get some RE speakers)
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/clberens
    but yea i can't wait to get it!