Air Fuel wiring problems ***HELP***
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Air Fuel wiring problems ***HELP*** within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I did my research but could find my answer, here's my problem: The gauge has three wires Red ...

Air Fuel wiring problems ***HELP***

Hey guys, I did my research but could find my answer, here's my problem:

The gauge has three wires
    Red - 12V
    Black - Ground
    Violet - sensor

When I connected the Red to my 12v source and the black to ground the Gauge read RicH???

The guage should not do anything at this point since I didn't hook up the sensor wire yet?

So I ignored it and finished the wiring, and it doesn't work. Just keeps reading rich or nothing at all.

Any one have any ideas ???
    - Gone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you just hook up the power it will just show rich, not really reading anything just getting power, check the wire you spliced it into, it should be b17 or something like that i think.

Thanks you're right.
    I talked to the autometer people and they told me that if you just hook up the positive and negative but leave the sensor wire off, it will read rich to let you know that the gauge is working but not getting a signal.
    Thanks again for your help
    - Gone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.