Speakers for iPod?

This is a discussion on Speakers for iPod? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so my dad bought me a bose sounddock for christmas. i read some reviews and they pretty much said the ...

Speakers for iPod?

so my dad bought me a bose sounddock for christmas. i read some reviews and they pretty much said the bose sounddock sucked...for the $ it is. they said if it cost $75 then it would be worth the money, but for $300 its a rip off.

so my question is this. what i want to buy is some computer speakers and im wondering whats the best i can spend $300 on. if you had $300 what would you buy.

the kind of music i listen to i listen to stuff all the way from electronica with alot of bass...to acoustic guitar. so i need something that can handle a dance song, but also have a clear crisp sound for acoustic jams.

any ideas would be soooo helpful. im wanting to buy something within a few days.

thanks guys

-adam

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got the JBL Ipod dock for christmas it sound pretty good, doesn't have alot of bass but the sound quality is very great. I've never been impressed with Bose stuff, I think its overated and overpriced.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

"sitting in the corner in Rick Roll timeout" chanwahyaoh's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Klipsch makes an iPod sound speaker system. I have never heard it or heard anything about it. But I do know Klipsch makes some seriously good speakers. I used to have their 4.1 promedia system for my computer. it rocked the house.

Edit:

here you go - http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=974
    Turtles are nature's suction cups.
    .____
    ||J || R.I.P.
    ||__||
    |/__\|

+1 for any Klipsch speakers.

They have great sound with a ton of clear hard hitting bass.

I know Logitech makes really nice computer speakers as well. Very good bass reproduction.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

yea i dont need something specifically made for iPods. i just need some crazy comp speakers. i already have a dock for the ipod so i dont need something really made for ipods specifically. Klipsch you say? ill keep that in mind...thanks guys

Headphones + Headphone amp for hte best sound quality at that budget. Other than that - Why not look at a shelf top system to run the PC into if you have the room?