Glow Gauges for 04-05 WRX?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Glow Gauges for 04-05 WRX? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been looking for Indiglo gauges for my WRX sense before I purchased it. So far no luck. Has anyone ...

Glow Gauges for 04-05 WRX?

I've been looking for Indiglo gauges for my WRX sense before I purchased it.
    So far no luck.
    Has anyone seen them anywhere?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    What you mean by Indiglo? Where they light up?
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Blitz. Only in Japan right now. Can find them once in a while on ebay. Look like indiglo on a timex watch, but it is actually a black light around the bezel shining on the white face.

Very cool. Very clear. Very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    What you mean by Indiglo? Where they light up?
    I'm looking for something like these.

stight, thanks! I'll keep an eye open for teh Blitz gauges. Although I'd be nice to have gauges that are US spec.

"Overlays" 10-4.

Quote Originally Posted by stight
    Blitz. Only in Japan right now. Can find them once in a while on ebay. Look like indiglo on a timex watch, but it is actually a black light around the bezel shining on the white face.

Very cool. Very clear. Very expensive.

Pics? Sounds interesting.

I bought some gauges off ebay that are "reverse glow" gauges. They're pretty nice if you ask me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails S120021GR.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by WRXDriver82
    I bought some gauges off ebay that are "reverse glow" gauges. They're pretty nice if you ask me.
    How was the install on those? Do they install cleanly or is any more modification of the stock unit needed? I'm just curious cause I want something like that so my gauges match.
    2005 CGM STi

Install is very easy and clean. Its just an overlay. The PITA part is getting them on with out putting too much presure on the needles. And the other PITA is getting the stock gauges disconected from the harnesses. I goofed when installing mine thinking I had to take the stock plastic number sheet out, then I realized they were just meant to install over them. So now my speedometer sticks between 60-80. But this is what mine really look like at night. I didn't turn on the driving lights to illuminate the needles, but you get the idea.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 017.jpg  

yah nice but that is for 02 03 not 04 05 the tacks are in different place!

I goofed when installing mine thinking I had to take the stock plastic number sheet out, then I realized they were just meant to install over them. So now my speedometer sticks between 60-80.
    It might stick there because there is a buldge in the material. I had that happen in my Grand Am. I fixed it by making sure the overlay is flat and by lifting the needles off the gauge with a spoon very carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by 04caliwrx
    yah nice but that is for 02 03 not 04 05 the tacks are in different place!
    +1

Does anyone know where the 04-05 gauges are avilable now? Like one of the forum members maybe?
    Last edited by SeattleJeremy; 12-29-2005 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Woot Post Number 400 :wiggles:

Thanks for the tip Jeremy...

04CaliWRX.... I know they're for an 02-03 and the tac is in a different place. I was just merely showing you what they look like. Anyway, good luck finding them for an 04-05. They aren't on ebay, I doubt you'll find any anytime soon to fit your needs. But you can always change the color of the lights to make them blue or whatever color you want. Its just more of a PITA than to just use the over lays.

sorry for the late reply. Indiglo is just a term for a "neon" glow look on the face of a watch. As I said, BLITZ Racing has guages that are quite simply the best in the business. Not sure where to find them. I saw them on a JDM car in Japan. The lighting is actually in the ring on the front of the guage. It shines down on the face and illuminates like no other. I will try to find a link.

has anyone found the overlays for an 04+ yet?
    TheJ original quote
    I didn't just fall off the truck from riceville. I mean how do you know the earth is round? You have a book that "SAYS" so... That doesn't mean too much.

I found a preorder for some here http://www.speedhut.com/15orders_el_...mber=90&bhcp=1

I had speedhut gauges in my Grand Am and I really liked them. I've already put in my pre order.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.