Custom Interior moldings?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Custom Interior moldings? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know how to make your own custom interior moldings.. say to add the silver aluminum look bezel around ...

Registered User MarylandEcstasy's Avatar

Question Custom Interior moldings?

Does anyone know how to make your own custom interior moldings.. say to add the silver aluminum look bezel around the shifter like an STi comes with? What kind of material do you use for a job like that? Just curiosity at its best thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd just buy it from somewhere...trust me it's not worth the frustration. But then again if you're as stubborn as I am you can always go with bondo or fiberglass
    - Gone

Dont use bondo for a soild piece. Take a big peice of foam. Sand an cut and shape it. And then layers of fiberglass and resin. Then prime, sand and paint
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

If it's flat I would use aluminum. Just make a template out of wood, then rough cut the aluminum so it's just a little bigger than the template. Like 1/16 of an inch or so (close) double side sticky tape it to the template, and router away! Make sure it's on the template good, double sided sticky tape is your friend so use alot. Spray a little WD-40 when your routering on the bit to help lubricate. Just don't loose any fingers!!!
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

Quote Originally Posted by Fox05
    Dont use bondo for a soild piece. Take a big peice of foam. Sand an cut and shape it. And then layers of fiberglass and resin. Then prime, sand and paint
    You're right, bondo sucks. I worked well to fix the crack on my bumper, and it dries faster then fiberglass.

I needed a flat piece to take up a slot in the radio hole after I installed my new head unit, so I went to radioshack and picked up a circuit board. Cut it with a rotary tool, and then sanded it to fit the spot. Then I layed a layer of fiberglass ontop of it, sanded, painted, and all done. It worked much easier then going from scratch.
    - Gone

Registered User MarylandEcstasy's Avatar
    Thanks for the help. Maybe I'll try the bondo and fiberglass technique with the big piece of foam trick. I like that one alot. Thanks again
    Quote Originally Posted by A member from SRTforums.com commenting on the black AMS EVO
    It really doesn't matter. once he hits 20+ psi in what ever gear its gone. even if you(or any car for that matter) get full boost by 3200, he would real you in a pass like you were going back wards that is unless your flux capacitor is working right Marty .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.