05 sti cluster into an 04 problems!?!?!?!?!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 sti cluster into an 04 problems!?!?!?!?!? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, to start things off....I've searched my butt off, and I'm just not finding exactly what I need. -I have ...

05 sti cluster into an 04 problems!?!?!?!?!?

ok, to start things off....I've searched my butt off, and I'm just not finding exactly what I need.

-I have purchased an 05 Sti usdm gauge cluster, to install into my 2004 wrx.
    -I know that the left plug is shaped differently, it is 1'8" shorter, and has two less pin holes.

I really Really need somebody to run me through the install. Please.

I've read somewhere that you can carve alittle bit off of the plastic plug to fit into the harness, but where?
    And once you get it to fit right, what about the two extra pins?

If you have pictures of the "modified/cut" plug, please post pics, as pics speak a 1000 words.

I plugged the top and right plugs in, started the car, and it functions perfectly, however......
    -the buzzing is super loud, and won't shut off.
    -If i turn the dimmer down, the buzzing gets quieter, but not silent.
    -and of course, the temp/gas side doesn't work.

What I'm asking, is if anybody can help me with an 05 sti cluster into an 04 wrx???????????

Please anyboody.
    -nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ok, what I need is a picture of the actual buzzer to remove from the sti cluster.

Is it the 1" x 1" Round Greyish Metal cylindrical object in the lower left hand corner of the back of the cluster? And do I just twist it until it comes off?

oh man, hahahaha!

nick

Wish I could help you man... but my question is does the gauge sweep work and does the shift light work too?
    2005 Cobb Stage 2.5 Aspen White WRX w/ Sunroof
    VF34'd - STI TMIC - 565 inj's - Blitz DC III Turbo Timer - Eibach Pro Kits - Rota Torque's 17x8in Wheels Bronze - 245/40-17 Dunlop FM901 tires
    STI JDM Front and Rear Strut Bar's - Greddy EVO 2 Catback- Invidia V2 Downpipe - DC Sports Uppipe
    Cobb AP - DC Sports Short Shifter - STI Seats and Carpet

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    I don't think there is a way to make it work unless you get a left-side cluster harness off an '05 and rewire it into your car. I bought an 05 cluster off ebay a while ago and ended up reselling it and buying an 04. It's easier and far less messy.

Even though it is a really easy install, I paid the dealership to do it so the mileage difference is officially recorded. This way the cars true mileage is still known and you don't totally kill it's aftermarket resale value. It's a good precautionary measure, but kinda expensive; $95 = 1 hour of labor at my local dealership + 1 lazy mechanic
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

Do they re-set the numbers to how you had milages before? i am getting offered an 04 sti for my 04 wrx? does the shift light work?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.