Anyone Use a Python Alarm???

This is a discussion on Anyone Use a Python Alarm??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a Python 881XP alarm system with a remote start, and I was wondering if anyone had used this ...

Question Anyone Use a Python Alarm???

I have a Python 881XP alarm system with a remote start, and I was wondering if anyone had used this alarm with there WRX manual transmission?? I just got a 04 WRX and took the alarm from my old car (which was automatic) so I'm wondering if the remote start function will work with the manual transmission on this car.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it will work but it doesn't have any kind of safety features built in for manual trans though. If you leave it in any gear and remote start it, it will take off. No matter how hard you crank the e brake it will drive away! It's a good alarm though. I think one of the only ones that still has a manual start is the Clifford Avant Gaurd 5.

Thanks....I assume there is no add on you can buy to add saftey features for the manual?? And the Clifford Avant Gaurd 5 does have the saftey features?? Any idea how much that alarm generally runs?

I got the same alarm system on my 05 wagon (Manual). Me and my friend installed the system (he did most of the work) and we used the neutral safety switch to make sure the car was in neutral, and also used the hand brake wire. We used a relay to make sure that it was in neutral and handbrakes were on before the unit even attempts to start. I've tested it many times and it never starts when its not supposed to.
    I had my iBook with me and logged into the forums and used only information i found from this forum to do the install (other than the wiring diagrams for the Python unit). It can be done, and the safety measures are your responsibility.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

Quote Originally Posted by bkzshabbaz
    I got the same alarm system on my 05 wagon (Manual). Me and my friend installed the system (he did most of the work) and we used the neutral safety switch to make sure the car was in neutral, and also used the hand brake wire. We used a relay to make sure that it was in neutral and handbrakes were on before the unit even attempts to start. I've tested it many times and it never starts when its not supposed to.
    I had my iBook with me and logged into the forums and used only information i found from this forum to do the install (other than the wiring diagrams for the Python unit). It can be done, and the safety measures are your responsibility.
    where was the nuetral safety switch at? are you talking about the one for the clutch pedal
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

Quote Originally Posted by wrxintegrations
    where was the nuetral safety switch at? are you talking about the one for the clutch pedal
    The neutral safety switch is a wire that tells you if the car is in neutral,

I dont remember off the top of my head where that wire is...you're going to have to tap into a wire coming out of your ECU

http://dreamspeedonline.com/forums/v...fc5678ea555921

Is what I used to find the wire. Im not talking about bypassing the clutch, thats a different wire all together.
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"