Im an idiot...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Im an idiot... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, so here's the deal... I was doing the home depot cabin air filter mod (mf'ing thing took forever to ...

Question Im an idiot...

Ok, so here's the deal...

I was doing the home depot cabin air filter mod (mf'ing thing took forever to make). When I took the glove box off, I discovered some things.

1) How do you detach that purple/black wire that I believe connects to the light in the glove box so id doesn't just dangle by that when you take the glove box off.

and MORE IMPORTANTLY,
    2) I took the metal bracket on the right side under the glove box apart in an attempt to make more room to get the filter where it's supposed to go. This Big bracket somehow connects a blue and green plastic electrical connections together (which are attached to another small metal bracket.).Another small bracket has a little 2x2 black box of electrical stuff connected to it. The Big bracket has 2 10mm bolts that connect it to the long metal fixture it goes on with a small screw.

My questions is this... HOW THE F*** do you gett the little black box bracket attached back on??? Where does it go? It can only move so far because the wires its connected to can only move so far. I took this apart and can't figure out how to get it back on. Again...I'm an idiot.

Anyone who has done this or has the time and/or inclination to take their glove box and solve this mystery would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh and it it helps its an 04 wrx sedan.
    Last edited by scooba-roo; 12-18-2005 at 11:54 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

man you should really put up a picture, you said so much its confusing.

k i will

What the hell kinda mod is that? I havnt heard of it yet. But yea try and get pictures
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

It sounds like you're making this a lot harder than it should be, you basically just take the glove box out, put it back on.
    Andrew

Never quit. Never do the expected. Never follow.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/wrxrolla

mmm....

Yah, it was simple until i removed the metal bracket I was talking about. Now I don't know how to get that damn little black electrical box back on. Might be a while before I get pics due to lack of tools. See ya in 2006. merry x-mas.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.