Blue/Red Dash lights!!!

This is a discussion on Blue/Red Dash lights!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering If anyone had changed their green dash lights on their WRX to Blue? I hear you can ...

Blue/Red Dash lights!!!

I was wondering If anyone had changed their green dash lights on their WRX to Blue? I hear you can get red bulbs for the WRX, but I was wondering if you can do blue as well.

Did anyone do this? Do you have pics of info? Thanks for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you probably can but with the wrx there is a green film you have scrape off .. theres a DIy somewhere here.. search it

No, I haven't heard anything about green film. I have only heard about bulbs being changed.
    And obvioulsy I have done searches or I wouldn't have posted, thanks.

Yo.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4489
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4490

There you go. have fun scraping. I don't see why you can't get the blue bulb covers. I think I remember someone trying blue, but they said it didn't look right. I dunno.

Hope this helps.
    Scotty P

?

Nice tutorial! Thanks.

What about the center console?

Oops. forgot to attach that one..

here you go.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4491

You can do the fog light, and defog switches too. Just be sure to pay attention how the switch goes back together.
    Scotty P

nice

Wow, well done! Thanks a lot. We need more people like you, and less smart asses on these forums lol.

Thanks again, you have been a great help.
    Ryan.

thanks man.

That's why I only have 75 posts in over 2 years of being a part of this site.
    I don't like to get flamed. Sometimes people ask stupid or dumb questions ( not saying that yours was dumb or anything) then others flame that person. That makes people leary of posting in fear of getting flamed...

<rant off>

Scotty P

I think I remember seeing someone who changed their dash lights to blue. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it though. I'll keep an eye out for it.
    2005 CGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty09
    thanks man.

That's why I only have 75 posts in over 2 years of being a part of this site.
    I don't like to get flamed. Sometimes people ask stupid or dumb questions ( not saying that yours was dumb or anything) then others flame that person. That makes people leary of posting in fear of getting flamed...

<rant off>

I usually use the search as well, but I don't worry too much about the dumb questions. If someone wants to flame me for asking what they consider to be a stupid question, we all know who the true idiot is. Besides, they are just words on a screen after all.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

i dont know about having to scrape green off the lights. i have an 03 and all there was were little green condoms on the light, they came right off.

the blue condoms dont work. you get a light blue color, it looks wierd. there ARE threads on this, do a search...i just read one like last week.

led bulbs are your best bet, i think it costs around 50 bucks to get the right amount for a complete job.

one thing though. i dont know if you can still dim your dash lights when you put new bulbs in. AND i had a friend that did this, and he said the lights were wayyy to bright. and he took them out and put the stock ones back in. so watch out for that.

-adam

d

Yeh I would want some blue bulbs for sure...not domes.......