Disfunctional Boost Gauge?

This is a discussion on Disfunctional Boost Gauge? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I think the stock boost gauge on my 04 wrx is broken.. not sure though, when the car is off ...

Disfunctional Boost Gauge?

I think the stock boost gauge on my 04 wrx is broken.. not sure though, when the car is off what is the meter suppose to read? mine reads -.01 or so but isnt it suppose to read 1 bar? just about becuase atmoshperic pressure is about 1 bar? Also, my car seems to only get about .05 bar max? I have never seen it go above this before and I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm going to try to see if there's anything wrong with my wastegate but what about this restrictor pill i keep hearing about? thnks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the stock boost gauge on my 04 wrx is broken.. not sure though,
    That's possible.

when the car is off what is the meter suppose to read? mine reads -.01 or so but isnt it suppose to read 1 bar? just about becuase atmoshperic pressure is about 1 bar?
    The gauge isn't set in a vacuum so it should read 0 or no pressure when the car is off, since the gauge doesn't account for atmospheric pressure, only intake pressure.

Also, my car seems to only get about .05 bar max? I have never seen it go above this before and I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm going to try to see if there's anything wrong with my wastegate but what about this restrictor pill i keep hearing about? thnks
    Unless you've had something apart you should have never seen the restrictor pill. What modifications do you have on the car? If none, I'd assume you're still under warranty and you can ask a dealer to check it out if you're concerned.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I bought the car used with only 15k on it, the car already had a CF hood, 18" 5 spoke rims, CAI, and a BOV. The car came with some rice mods such as the cai and bov which provides no real gain etc. Who knows what the guy might have done with the car, but I doubt he did anything that could hurt it. I've tuned the BOV so thats not the case. I've recently installed an ERZ catless downpipe with catback (4" bellmouth 3" piping) and an ERZ flex uppipe with o2 bung. Had to remove turbo housing to remove uppipe and install new one (long story downpipe install, slight problem!. Pretty sure I put the WG clip and everything back on correctly, no play in the arm etc. Any suggestions?

I Support ClubWRX
    The plot thickens then. OK, you seem to be on the right track. Check everything and suspect a leak, and see what happens.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.