window fogging and interior condensation

This is a discussion on window fogging and interior condensation within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anybody else's windows fog up easily? Mine fog so easily. Defrost usually fixes it, but it's really annoying. I ...

window fogging and interior condensation

Does anybody else's windows fog up easily? Mine fog so easily. Defrost usually fixes it, but it's really annoying. I used some rain x anti-fog cleaning wipes but they didn't work. I'm getting the anti-fog solution and trying that.

Plus when they fog up and I leave my car, I get condensation which causes water spots on the inside. I hate that.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah. My windows do that...constantly.

I live less than 1 football field's distance from where the waves hit the beach. Every morning I have to wipe the condensation off the outside of the windows and then hit the defrosters.

chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

there has to be a fix for this. Anybody?

mine fog all the time..... sometimes so bad that defrost wont do crap for it. It really sucks!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Make sure that your air is not on recirculation mode(often people don't realise this and get lots of fog). To clear up fog, while using the defrost, engage the A/C as well.

Pug
    I think it's a Subaru thing, my dad's Forester fogs up way more than any other car I've driven.

Originally posted by schischwein
    Make sure that your air is not on recirculation mode(often people don't realise this and get lots of fog). To clear up fog, while using the defrost, engage the A/C as well.
    Hmm...I keep it on circ mode when it's cold out.

When should I use circ mode and when should I use vent mode?

Just cleaning the insides of my windows helped my fogging issues.
    TJSUPE

Doh! I don't get fog... Now that it's winter, I get ice, yes ice on the inside of my windows... :/

Lol!!! Take in air from the outside? Well, I'd be blowing -5F air onto myself in the mornings then... Guess I'll just have to bundle up really, really well, like a snowman, to drive my car

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by verbal

Hmm...I keep it on circ mode when it's cold out.

When should I use circ mode and when should I use vent mode?
    When you first start up the car, have it in recirculation mode to aid in warm up...then once you getting to be on your way, switch to vent

I'm having trouble with ice build up in my car too. I came out of class the other night (which was only 2 hours long), and every single window in the entire car had a coat of ice on it. I looked at all of the other cars in the parkinglot and I was the only one with this problem. If anyone has brought their car into a dealership, has the problem been solved, or waste of time?
    I understand that I need to defrost the windows in the morning, but there shouldn't be any moisture in the car in the first place.
    Wanna go for a ride?!

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    use the rain x stuff. it works wonders on my car - no fogging up AT ALL. also the rainx stuff for the exterior windows is simply friggin amazing - water beads off the car like magic and the wipers work perfectly

i dunno if theres a true "fix" for the fogging windows thing, but maybe you should ask the guys in the "sex in a small cockpit" thread
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother