Changing Gauge Cluster Lights to Red
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Changing Gauge Cluster Lights to Red within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. I'm in need of a little DIY help and YES, I have used the search feature extensively already. ...

Registered User MarylandEcstasy's Avatar

Changing Gauge Cluster Lights to Red

Hey guys. I'm in need of a little DIY help and YES, I have used the search feature extensively already. So, heres the situation:

I'm interested in changing the color of ALL my '02 WRX interior console and cluster lights
    to RED. I read that for the console lights, its as simple as removing the dash console and replacing the bulb "condoms" as they're called lol to whatever color you desire. Okay, so console is not the problemo. BUT, the question is, is it that easy for the gauge cluster as well? In other words, is it as simple as changing the bulb condom on the gauge cluster bulbs or is it much more difficult than that? Does it require resodering of new LED bulbs? If anyone can share their experience with this I give much thanks.

Should it require new bulbs for the cluster, if anyone knows the bulb type I would greatly greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Also, any idea how this guy got the key slot illuminator red? Very curious as to how he did that. Its from this thread.
    Changed STi interior lights to red.

Last edited by MarylandEcstasy; 12-13-2005 at 05:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd just PM him and ask if I were you. He's a Moderator so he'll most likely respond rather quickly.
    2005 CGM STi

afternoon bump. anyone know?

Chris
    '04 PSM WRX Sedan
    Blobeye Syndicate #8

Much thanks for the help.. its exactly what I was looking for!

Do you have to use bulb condoms for the key ring light or can you buy a diffrent bulb. Id rather just use a diffrent bulb
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||_____
    |.........Beer................| ||.....'|";\,___.
    |_...__...______...__..._|_||_|__|__..._|
    ..(@).(@)........(@) (@)................(@)............

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.