Clock relocation?

This is a discussion on Clock relocation? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi folks. I have tried finding out about this, but have come up unsuccessful. The OEM clock in the pod ...

Clock relocation?

Hi folks. I have tried finding out about this, but have come up unsuccessful. The OEM clock in the pod on top of the dash isn't that great, but it's the only clock I have in the car so I'd like to keep it. I eventually want to get a 3-gauge pod for up there, which would mean losing the clock. I have the stock 6-cd changer, which doesn't have a clock on it as far as I know. Has anyone taken out their clock and relocated it anywhere else on the dash or console? When the sun hits it the wrong way it's pretty much unreadable, so having it lower down might help out somewhat with that. I am going to check out the interior of my car and see if there is anywhere I might be able to mount it.
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

toss it and buy a watch
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobVee
    toss it and buy a watch
    I heard that they make watches now and sell them at stores. You can get them for el cheapo!
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I don't want to lose the clock either (and I wear a watch).

The alternative is to get a gauge clock and mount it with a gauge pod... I would think the gauge bezel on the cluster would be cleanest, but there are two slots so you'll want to get the clock and something else (wide band A/F gauge would be nice)

I wear a watch, and have a cell phone that displays time but it's a lot easier to be able to just glance over to the spot I'm used to and see the time displayed. My mother's Volvo XC wagon has the time displayed in the gauge cluster and it always throws me off when I have to drive her car. If I have to ditch it then I will ditch it when the time comes, but if I don't have to then I'd like to find a way to keep it. Obviously if I end up getting an aftermarket stereo system then the time will be displayed there but that's just more money spent that I do not have.
    NEWENGLANDF4

just buy the zero sports guages pod..you can leave yoru the clock there with the gauges.. checkit out..
    http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ior&prodid=957

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210
    just buy the zero sports guages pod..you can leave yoru the clock there with the gauges.. checkit out..

That's actually not too bad.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Hm yeah that's an option. Seems like the gauge pod sticks up sort of high, but who knows. Doesn't look too bad.
    NEWENGLANDF4

Quote Originally Posted by aznburn210

Seems good... until you look at the price. $185 for just a fricken pod (no gauges)? Is it made out of gold or something?

I Support ClubWRX

It's the wrong pod for our cars though

Is there an option to get a version of that pod with the gauges angled correctly? That pod would only work in Britain. Is there a LHD version of that pod?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wait... Looking more closely, it wouldn't work anywhere! Am I seeing it incorrectly or are the outer gauges angled toward their respective side, meaning one gauge would be angle AWAY from the driver no matter what side she is sitting in?
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Dude duh thats for co pilot gf's
    Heaven is where the police are british, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the Lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are German, The chefs British, the mechanics French,the Lovers Swiss, and its all organized by the italians.
    Cobb Stage 2 Cattless FTW
    My Blobeye Syndicate #

I Support ClubWRX
    Ah, I see, of course.

I always have my co-pilot checking my gauges. Always.

Always.
    NEWENGLANDF4