06 STi guage help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 STi guage help within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so after being super irratated that I cant find what I am lookin for I am gonna ask for ...

06 STi guage help

Ok so after being super irratated that I cant find what I am lookin for I am gonna ask for some help. A little while back I thought I remember seeing Depi guages that matched the exact color my STi stock guages are which is black back round with red numbers. Right now I want to get the three guage pod that mounts on the dash and finding the actual pod is the easy part. Its finding the closest lookin gauges to what the 06 STi come with from the factory, any help please would be appreciated and a link to where I can order them. I already say the the couple stickys and did a few searches and still no luck.

Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sweet, those are the exact guages. Any ideas what shop has some of the better prices of them?

Nick

One problem.

Does the '06 STI have the same "passenger airbag" light as the '06 WRX? If so then you cannot use a top dash mounted pod. Next to the clock is all of the airbag electronics, this is why Subaru no longer offers a dah pod option (the old turbo, oil, etc one)
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Wow that sux, I guess the only option for 06 owners is fab your own, single din or a-pillar (which i find too distracting while I drive)

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

You can mount them on the dash in the 06, you just have to keep the airbag light stuff connected and "hide" it under the dash.

Oh wow, thanks for tellin me that. Ya I dont want to screw with any of the airbag ****. I guess I will try and mount them somewhere else. What other guage besides a boost is a must if I only go with maybe two. I was thinkin one on each side of the steering wheel if I can find a pod holder like I saw on a 05 wrx. Any suggestions or help, let me hear it.

Nick

I am thinkin of something like this. If I went with the pod that mounts on the pillar does it make it that much harder to see or should I be ok. What ever I get I know I want the Depi Amber series guages, so if they wont work on the pillar pod cause of a size issue the I wouldnt even consider that mount.

http://www.subydude.com/osc/product_...products_id=59

Registered User GetawayInBouldr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeViLs 06STI
    Sweet, those are the exact guages. Any ideas what shop has some of the better prices of them?

Nick

You won't find those gauges for cheaper, but I just saw these in another thread...

MadDad(TM) STi look and WRX look Clarity Seris LED Blackout Gauges

I may be ebaying my defi d-gauges soon for a set of these.
    ~ Silver Wagon Club ~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.