OMP seats!!!!

This is a discussion on OMP seats!!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i'm gonna get an OMP seat for x-mas from my dad who can get them from a dealer. so ...

OMP seats!!!!

so i'm gonna get an OMP seat for x-mas from my dad who can get them from a dealer. so now that i have the option of pretty much any seat other than the super duper carbon babies i'm at a loss. anyone have any opinions on what to get, i've sat in the RS and loved it compared to many recaros and sparcos' that i've sat in. here is the spread i have to consider http://www.ompracing.it/prodotti.htm...ngelanguage=en

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I like the extras; They look comfy

I lik the grip and wrs.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

how about helping me chose between the ARS, WRC, and Grip? i've done some general narrowing down.

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless it is a race car, I would rather have the side airbags of the stockers.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by awd4life
    how about helping me chose between the ARS, WRC, and Grip? i've done some general narrowing down.
    I'd say WRC.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Unless it is a race car, I would rather have the side airbags of the stockers.
    now how is that supposed to help me decide what seat to willfully endanger my own life with?

i agree w/ the WRC assesment, i like the quilting for some reason. so now how about between the WRC and the ASR? the ASR comes w/ an included extra back cusion.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by awd4life
    now how is that supposed to help me decide what seat to willfully endanger my own life with?

i agree w/ the WRC assesment, i like the quilting for some reason. so now how about between the WRC and the ASR? the ASR comes w/ an included extra back cusion.
    Sorry dude ... just my $0.02.

I like the look of the HA/679 ARS k/carbon.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by 04.SPT.WRX
    Sorry dude ... just my $0.02.

I like the look of the HA/679 ARS k/carbon.
    no prob, just ribin ya'. i like the ARS's too damnit, i'm gonna have to print up a picture of each and stand eyes closed facing both of them pinned to a wall and chuck some darts at em. or have my cat decide by chosing which picture it wants to chuck a hairball onto? sweet.

I like the WRC's...

How much do these set you back? A friend of mine had an OMP seat in his 03 Civic that was really comfortable and I liked it a lot.
    NEWENGLANDF4
    1972 Corvette - LS6 / T56 powered

Ars
    2004 PSM WRX
    Currently Cobb Stage 2

Blobeye Syndicate #23

Quote Originally Posted by turbo tecnica
    I like the WRC's...

How much do these set you back? A friend of mine had an OMP seat in his 03 Civic that was really comfortable and I liked it a lot.
    retail for the fiberglass WRC is around $650, but my dad/family hookup through a dealer gets them at cost, usually about 35%-50% less than retail. OMP seats dont compare to others, they are in a different category w/the likes of high end recaros' and maybe sparcos', although the OMP's fabric and padding lasts longer. still having trouble making the final choice. i've got till next mon. to place the order.

I Support ClubWRX
    The best seat is the seat that fits the driver comfortably and securely in the given car. In part this has to do with the side mounting adjustment for tilt and height in the given car. Of course, if you want to be all picky about it, there are companies that can custom a seat for you....eg Sparco, if you want to get your butt molded.