Opinions on this shift knob? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Opinions on this shift knob? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I like the Prodrive knobs....

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the Prodrive knobs.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have the Subaru/Momo shift knob and i love it...it fits perfectly i my hand but i wish it was a bit shorter...when i get home on wednesday ill take some pics and post em up
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

I found a picture of my Momo shift knob, Its not a very good shot of it, but you can get an Idea of what it would look like in your car. Its gotta be one of my favorite shift knobs I've owned.
    2005 CGM STi

I too have the subaru MOMO shift knob. I like it a lot except for the fact that it gets FREEEEEEZING cold. I do prefer it to the stock leather knob.

Here is a pic i took, i have a few others somewhere if you are interested.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    I too have the subaru MOMO shift knob. I like it a lot except for the fact that it gets FREEEEEEZING cold. I do prefer it to the stock leather knob.

Here is a pic i took, i have a few others somewhere if you are interested.
    Hahaha I hear ya on that. One time I was just getting out of basketball practice so my hands were kinda sweaty. I went to put the car in neutral to so I could warm it up some and my hand got stuck to it. It peeled off and left some skin on there. It wasn't too pretty.
    2005 CGM STi

Quote Originally Posted by wrxrolla
    I don't like it but I'm not a carbon fiber fan. It's also a universal shift knob which wouldn't boost my confidence on how well it will stay on.
    +1
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

I Support ClubWRX
    I had that LNR carbon shift knob in my car. It's a beautiful piece if you like CF (which I love). If you're looking for something with some weight to it, this ain't it. SUPER light. I also find all the ball-style knobs not to my liking. I had a momo air-leather knob and I didn't like that either. I also had a greddy counter-weighted shift knob that was entirely too small. I ended up going with something more pistol grip that ball style...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

I really like the baseball style shifters. I think I might get a Momo of some kind.
    How is the weight on the momo shifters?
    Hard work pays off in the long run but procrastination pays off now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon - stock
    1991 Dark Emerald Green Mustang LX 5.0

I lilke the Perrin knob that I got. No set screws, just twist on nice and tight and there ya go! Although it does get a bit cold.....anyone heard of a heated shift knob other than someone setting fire to it or their tranny? Off subject, take a look.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

I like the prodrive. The logo is a raised decal, so I left it off and now I've got a nice stealth black aluminum knob. definitely gets pretty frosty though. actually helps shift speed. its good and heavy, but still a good deal lighter than stock.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hate metal shift knobs. Too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.