getting rid of tobacco smell
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on getting rid of tobacco smell within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to get rid of tobacco smell? It's not bad , ...

getting rid of tobacco smell

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good way to get rid of tobacco smell? It's not bad, but I can definitely smell it on my clothes after I drive around for a few hours. Hopefully I can find some product that will help?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

fabreeze (sp?) and open windows?
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    fabreeze (sp?) and open windows?
    That's Mr. Febreeze to you, Sir! (no idea where that came from )

That's pretty much what I figured - I guess my question is better off as:

1) has anyone had any negative effects with Febreeze on the upholstery
    2) is there a better product specifically designed for tobacco smoke and/or car seats?

Clean out the entire interior. Take it to a detailer even. Everything get's tobacco residue on it. The windows when u clean will leave black on the towel/rag. Same with the vinyl dash trim. Shampoo the seats and carpet too. It's a B!tch to get rid of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It must be on the Subway diet. Did you name it Jared?

fortunately the car is pretty new so the smell is not bad... i Febreezed the hell out of all the cloth parts (seats, rugs, roof, doors) today and it seems alot better... but Febreeze explicitly says it should not be used on leather. Can someone recommend a good product for that? My biggest concern is the steering wheel (my hands smell after driving...)

Quote Originally Posted by CnnmnSchnpps
    fortunately the car is pretty new so the smell is not bad... i Febreezed the hell out of all the cloth parts (seats, rugs, roof, doors) today and it seems alot better... but Febreeze explicitly says it should not be used on leather. Can someone recommend a good product for that? My biggest concern is the steering wheel (my hands smell after driving...)
    You say it's "not tha bad" butthen say your hnds smell from it?! It IS that bad if it makes your hands smell. Tobacco is nasty stuff. The smell may go away from the febreeze but the filth/dirt/soot from it is still thee in all the fabric.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It must be on the Subway diet. Did you name it Jared?

my suggestion? Stop ruining your car by smoking in it.

Quote Originally Posted by nread
    my suggestion? Stop ruining your car by smoking in it.
    +1 Quit smoking, and start running.

no no i don't smoke.. the previous owner of the car did... i am trying to get rid of it now. and anyway.. running??? that's why i got a car!

the febreeze definitely helped with the fabric, but i need to figure out the steering wheel thing. smelly hands after driving = damn smoking previous owner person

find them and kill them
    luxury is 1.00 BAR+ of boost and the inability for your passenger to touch the dashboard

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Go to like a auto store, like pep boys or autozone and try to find the stuff that kills animal smells. That stuff is powerful and good. Then spray that in the air all over and drive with the windows down for 15 mins.
    Should go away. This is what we do at the dealer I work at when people return the laoners smoked in.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

Go to a taylor rental center or a place that rents equipment. They should have a thing called an ionizer. It destroys all odor in te car or room or wherever. It's what servicemaster uses in houses that have fires. I think it's called an Ionizer.

Chad

I Support ClubWRX
    That stench permeates everything inside a car; carpet, upholstery, HVAC, etc. I would also recommend a professional, rather than DIY. Good luck.

Personally, I would never buy a used car that had owned by a smoker.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Cars that have been smoked in are nasty. I can't stand that smell. When someone who smokes stands close to me, I can't help stepping away. I couldn't imagine owning a car that smelled like that. I wouldn't buy something with that putrid stink.

When you're not in it, put a few apples cut up and open in it....just continue to do it. It will absord some of the smell and the more you do it, the better it works.
    Weird yes, effective yes
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast