getting rid of tobacco smell - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on getting rid of tobacco smell within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Woody182 When you're not in it, put a few apples cut up and open in it....just continue ...

Quote Originally Posted by Woody182
    When you're not in it, put a few apples cut up and open in it....just continue to do it. It will absord some of the smell and the more you do it, the better it works.
    Weird yes, effective yes
    this sounds like a cool one.. and fairly cost-effective too it is really doing alot better now, but i might give this a try too... better not forget them in there though, cos rotten apple smell is not that much better

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The previous owner of my car smoked,peewew. I just cleaned real well soak the ashtray in soapy warm water for a day,lil' febreeze doesn't hurt just make sur you keep the windows cracked and vents open. The car heats up odor comes out in the warmth just give it a place to go. My car took about three weeks for the smell to really go away, perfumes and odorizers just cover it up the windows cracked all the time will work the best, good luck.
    Hey guys, I'm back!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't forget to have the HVAC vents flushed. The tar builds up in there and re-contaminates the rest of the car even after you've cleaned it. Or, set the system for internal recirc, pushing air out only through the top vents, and spray the hell under the dash/front of the floorboard with febreeze (create a fog if you can), then just let it circulate for a while. This will need to be done a few times to be effective, but it is also the fastest way to get it out of your interior (after detailing everything else of course).

Or....just eat a lot of beans, close of the windows, and go for a long trip. I'll bet you won't be smelling cigarettes for long
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Couple more things about that apple.
    If you have a garage, leave the windows open will let some of the smell out along with some of the effectiveness of the apple, it's a trade-off. Leaving the windows up wont make that much of a difference, much of the odor is trapped in the apple and then the apple smell is released too.
    Also, make sure to cut the apple up in slices and leave it on a plate. The apple just sitting there wont do much, and letting a sliced apple on the rug might stain it.
    2004 WRB WRX
    Interior: Momo shifter knob, door sills, red bulbs on HVAC, fog light, keyring, clock
    Exterior: OEM spoiler, sideskirts, red brake calipers (G2 set), cleared headlights (all white), Blue "i" emblem
    Tint: 30% front/side 20% back
    Audio: Kenwood MPV 7019 head unit w/ mp3 adapter
    Power: OEM SPT catback exhaust system, K&N air filter

Peachypumpkincheeks

Let me introduce you....

to the Blarg mod!!! Blarg has made wonderful contributions to the DIY mods.

See his "invisible airfreshener" mod: Invisible air freshner mod:
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Doesn't the blarg mod involve putting a dead parrot in your air filter??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12