06 Head Unit CD Skipping
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 06 Head Unit CD Skipping within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So one of the first things I did when I got my 06 last week was to start burning some ...

06 Head Unit CD Skipping

So one of the first things I did when I got my 06 last week was to start burning some CDs so I could have some tunes. Much to my dismay my burned CDs have been skipping quite a bit in the stock head unit. I'm not using cheap CDs I'm using Verbatim CD-Rs. Anybody else have these problems?

--rO

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Do the CD-Rs play fine on other CD players? I didn't have any problems with my 05 6-disc head unit and my Pioneer head unit plays MP3s, so I just slap the files directly onto a disc and I'm good to go.
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

So I've been doing some tests and I've figured out some things.

1) They do play on other players.
    2) They skip less if I burn on my Desktop vs. my Laptop.
    3) On my laptop they skip less if burned via iTunes vs. Nero.
    4) And finally they don't skip at all if I burn using iTunes on my desktop.

That must be one finicky CD player!

--rO

P.S. - I can't wait until somebody comes up with a decent iPod integration system for a stock HU!!!!!!!!! I hate having to do such a mickey mouse solution. VIVA LA INTEGRATION!

Ever put an MP3 CD into a player that doesn't read MP3s? The sound is none too pleasant!
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Mine does it too...I've tried several brands of CD-Rs and they're all pretty bad. I really don't want to change out the head unit (I like the way the stock one looks in the dash), but I can't live without access to burned CDs!
    Black 2006 WRX Sedan

Snorkus-deleted with K&N drop-in
    Defi-Link Boost, EGT, Oil Temp - Gruppe-S CF dash pod
    TurboXS Turbo-back
    That's it so far!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.