Subaru WRX Forum banner

Worx Tuning shift knob

3K views 26 replies 5 participants last post by  WorxTuning 
#1 ·
Worx Tuning recently came out with a shift knob called the SK-ERGO. Just wondering if anybody has tried it out yet, and if so pics?

#3 ·
dubya05 said:
I have the shift knob and i love it but I am at work and I can't get any pictures to you right now but I will post them tonight or tomarrow night. If you have any questions let me know!

cool, im glad i found somebody with it. Do you have it for the 5spd or 6? Does the shift boot match up to it like the stock knob? how much shorter than the stock knob is it? (assuming you have it for 5spd ) whats it made out of? did you order it from worxtuning.com directly?

#5 ·
Subscribing. I want to find a nice shift knob for my car. I've looked at a bunch of the offerings from various companies but I really don't like them. I want just a regular ball. My friend bought a titanium one for his Evo that looks great. I wonder if that would fit a WRX shifter.

#7 ·
Ive been looking for a replacement knob for my 05 wrx for some time as well. I really like the weighted skunk2 knob that they make for hondas, but no such luck on subarus. I saw the worx one and its design looked really cool. Unfortunately i have to ask around about it before buying because of their crappy site design. Worx doesnt give very detailed descriptions or pictures on anything they sell.

#9 ·
The shift knob is a great **** knob. The grooves are in the perfect spot for your fingers to fit. The knob is made of a black synthetic material that does not heat up what-so-ever (i live in arizona). As far as how it compares to a stock shifter Im not sure the height difference. I have an agency power short shifter with the worx knob and the combination of the two are awesome. As far as the boot goes, the worx knob doesn't have the ring for the boot to snap over. Again I never had the knob with a stock shifter, so i dont know about that, but with the short shifter and the knob, its profile is low enough that the boot doesn't need anything to hold it up for it to stay right up to the bottom of the knob. Feel free to ask questions

#10 ·
I actually know the Owner of WORX really well and the same pictures that I am going to take for you is going to be sent to him for the site. With the whole site design, I know for a fact that they are still on overwhelm from SEMA, from all the new vendors and sponsorships so im sure a new site design might be in that mix. Anymore questions let me know

#11 ·
dubya05 said:
I actually know the Owner of WORX really well and the same pictures that I am going to take for you is going to be sent to him for the site. With the whole site design, I know for a fact that they are still on overwhelm from SEMA, from all the new vendors and sponsorships so im sure a new site design might be in that mix. Anymore questions let me know
One more question about the knob, how is the thread on it? does it screw right on or does it have some sort of universal fitting? Im assuming it was meant for the stock shifter.

#12 ·
From what I can tell the thread runs all the way inside of the knob. To me it seems that the top 1/4 in. is without thread so that you can turn it enough for the worx logo to sit straight. but is spins on there seemless and easy until the threads stop.... and now enough babling her are the pictures.

#13 ·
dubya05 said:
From what I can tell the thread runs all the way inside of the knob. To me it seems that the top 1/4 in. is without thread so that you can turn it enough for the worx logo to sit straight. but is spins on there seemless and easy until the threads stop.... and now enough babling her are the pictures.

hmm nothing there. My avatar isn't showing either

#14 ·
dubya05 said:

arrrg...problem with the pics? nothing is showing....

#16 ·
dubya05, last questions:

are you using the stock shift boot? the reason i ask is because the knob looks like it would be wider at the bottom than the stock shift knob and in the pic is looks like your boot meets flush with the worx. i think im sold otherwise.

did you order it directly from worx? i have heard some not so good things about order processing turnaround and lack of communication issues from people that have bought stuff from their site.

#17 ·
Lordcon
The shift boot IS the stock shift boot. there is nothing holding it up to the bottom of the knob. BUT I also have a short shifter so i dont know if mine will measure different or not.
I hope that I helped.
As far as ordering from WORX, DO IT. The people who were complaining about the ordering didn't know what was going on. He just moved Worx up to Oregon and all of his cnc'ing is still in Arizona. There were problems with the online ordering, phone service, etc.. I didn't talk to him for like 2.5 months. You can ask some of the vendors that sell his stuff and they will tell you the exact same thing. I just called up there this morning and they have a crap load of Shift Knobs available.
So if you order online DO NOT USE PAY PAL. They take the money right away. If you use a credit card the card will not be charged until shipped, in which you will get a tracking number. So you can either order online or you can call them direct. If there are any other questions let me know.

#18 ·
dubya05 said:
Lordcon
The shift boot IS the stock shift boot. there is nothing holding it up to the bottom of the knob. BUT I also have a short shifter so i dont know if mine will measure different or not.
I hope that I helped.
As far as ordering from WORX, DO IT. The people who were complaining about the ordering didn't know what was going on. He just moved Worx up to Oregon and all of his cnc'ing is still in Arizona. There were problems with the online ordering, phone service, etc.. I didn't talk to him for like 2.5 months. You can ask some of the vendors that sell his stuff and they will tell you the exact same thing. I just called up there this morning and they have a crap load of Shift Knobs available.
So if you order online DO NOT USE PAY PAL. They take the money right away. If you use a credit card the card will not be charged until shipped, in which you will get a tracking number. So you can either order online or you can call them direct. If there are any other questions let me know.

thanks man, soon as i got the funds im going for it. you have been a big help.

last question since you know worx pretty well, is their DS bov worth it? fully hybrid valves seem to be rare and and ive heard good stuff about theirs. just wondering if you use it or know anything about it.

thanks again.

#20 ·
100 more shift knobs just came off of the lathe!!!
We also have 20 (yes only 20) Limited Edition Ergo Knobs in ALL BLACK:whoa: . The Top is black anodized for that nice stealth look.

Contact us or any Authorized WorxTuning Components Dealer for more info or to order.

Thank you
Mike
WorxTuning Components

#21 ·
Im, stumped....

How exactly do you *buy* something on worxtuning.com? I dont see any "add to cart" buttons, or even a shopping cart for that matter. You cant click on any of the products for detailed information either. Its like nothing is linked....

#22 ·
EDIT: nevermind, looks like it works fine in Internet Explorer. You cant click on any links if you use Mozilla/Firefox however....

lordcon said:
Im, stumped....

How exactly do you *buy* something on worxtuning.com? I dont see any "add to cart" buttons, or even a shopping cart for that matter. You cant click on any of the products for detailed information either. Its like nothing is linked....

#23 ·
Sorry the site isn't loading in your browser. I will add that to my list of things to work on that soon.

You can always call us to order- Seth generally is on phone duty full time between 9:30 & 4:00 pacific. I am sure you will find him one of the most friendly and helpfull individuals you will meet in this business.

Mike

#25 ·
Your opinion counts

what do you guys think.........Stainless Screws as pictured, or should we order some black screws.
Pros to black screws- all black knob.
Cons- The only black hardware that is durable enough to withstand having your hands on all the time is a specially plated hardware that is very expensive. It would add about $10 to the retail price unfortunately. All other black hardware would rust or corrode which is no good.

We seem to be about 50 / 50 here:rolleyes: so we want your opinion

Let us know here or by e-mail sales@worxtuning.com

Thanks
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.