Worx Tuning shift knob - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Worx Tuning shift knob within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; dubya05, last questions: are you using the stock shift boot? the reason i ask is because the knob looks like ...

dubya05, last questions:

are you using the stock shift boot? the reason i ask is because the knob looks like it would be wider at the bottom than the stock shift knob and in the pic is looks like your boot meets flush with the worx. i think im sold otherwise.

did you order it directly from worx? i have heard some not so good things about order processing turnaround and lack of communication issues from people that have bought stuff from their site.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lordcon
    The shift boot IS the stock shift boot. there is nothing holding it up to the bottom of the knob. BUT I also have a short shifter so i dont know if mine will measure different or not.
    I hope that I helped.
    As far as ordering from WORX, DO IT. The people who were complaining about the ordering didn't know what was going on. He just moved Worx up to Oregon and all of his cnc'ing is still in Arizona. There were problems with the online ordering, phone service, etc.. I didn't talk to him for like 2.5 months. You can ask some of the vendors that sell his stuff and they will tell you the exact same thing. I just called up there this morning and they have a crap load of Shift Knobs available.
    So if you order online DO NOT USE PAY PAL. They take the money right away. If you use a credit card the card will not be charged until shipped, in which you will get a tracking number. So you can either order online or you can call them direct. If there are any other questions let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by dubya05
    Lordcon
    The shift boot IS the stock shift boot. there is nothing holding it up to the bottom of the knob. BUT I also have a short shifter so i dont know if mine will measure different or not.
    I hope that I helped.
    As far as ordering from WORX, DO IT. The people who were complaining about the ordering didn't know what was going on. He just moved Worx up to Oregon and all of his cnc'ing is still in Arizona. There were problems with the online ordering, phone service, etc.. I didn't talk to him for like 2.5 months. You can ask some of the vendors that sell his stuff and they will tell you the exact same thing. I just called up there this morning and they have a crap load of Shift Knobs available.
    So if you order online DO NOT USE PAY PAL. They take the money right away. If you use a credit card the card will not be charged until shipped, in which you will get a tracking number. So you can either order online or you can call them direct. If there are any other questions let me know.

thanks man, soon as i got the funds im going for it. you have been a big help.

last question since you know worx pretty well, is their DS bov worth it? fully hybrid valves seem to be rare and and ive heard good stuff about theirs. just wondering if you use it or know anything about it.

thanks again.

I actually have their DS BOV. It works great, never had a problem with it. I had an APS BOV but I like worx one better. If you want to get more technical about the bov you should first read the information on the website and if that isn't enough contact mike@worxtuning.com <---- im pretty sure that's his email. If there are anymore questions let me know.

100 more shift knobs just came off of the lathe!!!
    We also have 20 (yes only 20) Limited Edition Ergo Knobs in ALL BLACK . The Top is black anodized for that nice stealth look.

Contact us or any Authorized WorxTuning Components Dealer for more info or to order.

Thank you
    Mike
    WorxTuning Components

Im, stumped....

How exactly do you *buy* something on worxtuning.com? I dont see any "add to cart" buttons, or even a shopping cart for that matter. You cant click on any of the products for detailed information either. Its like nothing is linked....

EDIT: nevermind, looks like it works fine in Internet Explorer. You cant click on any links if you use Mozilla/Firefox however....

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon
    Im, stumped....

How exactly do you *buy* something on worxtuning.com? I dont see any "add to cart" buttons, or even a shopping cart for that matter. You cant click on any of the products for detailed information either. Its like nothing is linked....

Sorry the site isn't loading in your browser. I will add that to my list of things to work on that soon.

You can always call us to order- Seth generally is on phone duty full time between 9:30 & 4:00 pacific. I am sure you will find him one of the most friendly and helpfull individuals you will meet in this business.

Mike

thanks for the info.

Question Your opinion counts

what do you guys think.........Stainless Screws as pictured, or should we order some black screws.
    Pros to black screws- all black knob.
    Cons- The only black hardware that is durable enough to withstand having your hands on all the time is a specially plated hardware that is very expensive. It would add about $10 to the retail price unfortunately. All other black hardware would rust or corrode which is no good.

We seem to be about 50 / 50 here so we want your opinion

Let us know here or by e-mail sales@worxtuning.com

Thanks
    Mike

I like the the contrast of the stainless screws
    Hard work pays off in the long run but procrastination pays off now.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #015
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon - stock
    1991 Dark Emerald Green Mustang LX 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SubeStang
    I like the the contrast of the stainless screws
    That is my thought as well. It breaks it up a bit over all black.

We did 25 of the top caps in black so give us a call if you are interested. They will go quickly.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.